IGNORED

New Intellivision Entertainment System Games

New Intellivision games  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the new games being developed by Intellivision for their new system?

• Yes, I want to see new games.
    • No, I am not interested in what they are developing.
    • I mainly want a cartridge support but will buy some of the new games.
    • I only care about the cartridge support and will not buy the new games developed.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

With the poll about the cartridge support it got me thinking about the new games being developed.

I am curious as to if you are interested in the new games being developed?

If they are simple and give you that old school feel I am down. I also like the cheap virtual console idea. I do not want this to be a glorified flashback.

polls are tough:

I would be interested in new games for the original console too....

Yeah, where's the option for "I am interested in playing games for the original system, classic and new ones, and do not care about new games for the new system."

I think the critical thing to differentiate is that there will be two systems in one:

• Original Mattel Intellivision (emulated)
  • New Intellivision Entertainment game system (PC-based, Unity or some such)

Is the poll intended to find out if people are interested in new games for the any or for the second one?

We already have ways to emulate Intellivision, so other than the new controllers, and possible cartridge port add-on, that part is not of significance.

Who's developing the cartridge port add-on, since we know it's not Intellivision Entertainment?

Edited by mr_me

We already have ways to emulate Intellivision, so other than the new controllers, and possible cartridge port, that part is not of significance.

I'm confused. If we "already have ways to emulate Intellivision," how come the Flashbacks sold at all? Could it be that it may be significant to have a better way to emulate an Intellivision, and to do it on your living room TV?

Who's developing the cartridge port add-on, since we know it's not Intellivision Entertainment.

I think it's Joe Z., from what Paul said earlier.

-dZ.

The Flashbacks are one of those ways. It was important because some people were not able to setup a computer for emulation and get old Intellivision controllers and set them up with usb adapters. They were on the market for several years. Most people that wanted one should have been able to get one at retail. But yes, there might still be some people out there looking for a flashback type device.

If Joe wants to create a usb cartridge add-on that's up to him. All I heard is that jzintv will be their emulator and I expect they are paying Joe for his consultng. I haven't heard IE having any interest in making a cartridge port add-on.

Edited by mr_me

The Flashbacks are one of those ways. It was important because some people were not able to setup a computer for emulation and get old Intellivision controllers and set them up with usb adapters. They were on the market for several years. Most people that wanted one should have been able to get one at retail. But there might still be some people out there looking for a flashback type device.

If Joe wants to create a usb cartridge add-on that's up to him. All I heard is that jzintv will be their emulator and I expect they are paying Joe for his consultng. I haven't heard IE having any interest in making a cartridge port add-on.

Figures. :roll: Perhaps you should pay more attention.

Here's the relevant bit:

Joe Z is on the team as an advisor, so a cartridge port adapter WILL happen down the road (not necessarily from him, but certainly with his knowledge and help). But it will be as an add-on for those who want it (like you, and me).

That's what prompted the speculative discussion, and that's what prompted this poll.

The Flashbacks are one of those ways. It was important because some people were not able to setup a computer for emulation and get old Intellivision controllers and set them up with usb adapters. They were on the market for several years. Most people that wanted one should have been able to get one at retail. But yes, there might still be some people out there looking for a flashback type device.

Who's talking about IE making it themselves? That's just you, once again, taking a single point out of context and picking at it. :roll:

And just in case it wasn't clear enough, my original post in this thread was to point out that there should be other options in this poll because (unlike what you seem to authoritatively assert :roll:), some of us do wish for a better way to emulate the classic games.

-dZ.

No option for "I don't know enough to make a decision" so I chose "I'm interested." I certainly wont snap my mind shut just because a cartridge port is not planned.

I'd like this to be cheap and cheerful, not some slavish recreation of a 1979 technological compromise of a toy.

• Like 1

Who's talking about IE making it themselves? That's just you, once again, taking a single point out of context and picking at it. :roll:

And just in case it wasn't clear enough, my original post in this thread was to point out that there should be other options in this poll because (unlike what you seem to authoritatively assert :roll:), some of us do wish for a better way to emulate the classic games.

-dZ.

I see someone took a dump in Captain Eyeroll's Cheerios again...

Lighten_Up_Francis.jpg

I'm still interested in knowing who would make a cartridge port add-on. And they don't have to wait for the new Intellivision, an Intellivision cartridge port add-on can be made right now for PCs and raspberry pi and there's no reason the same device can't be used with the new Intellivision.

• Like 1

Yeah, where's the option for "I am interested in playing games for the original system, classic and new ones, and do not care about new games for the new system."

I think the critical thing to differentiate is that there will be two systems in one:

• Original Mattel Intellivision (emulated)
  • New Intellivision Entertainment game system (PC-based, Unity or some such)
Is the poll intended to find out if people are interested in new games for the any or for the second one?

We know people in this forum are interested in playing the old ones. But that is why I made this post. I saw the cart port poll and wondered how many of the people why say it must have cart support will actually support it besides being a cart dumper.

No option for "I don't know enough to make a decision" so I chose "I'm interested." I certainly wont snap my mind shut just because a cartridge port is not planned.

I'd like this to be cheap and cheerful, not some slavish recreation of a 1979 technological compromise of a toy.

Obviously all systems have stinker games in addition to good ones. If it sucks obviously you wouldn't want to buy it. Its more about being open to the games.

Well I want going to add a couple options but seems my editing time limit is up.

Basically the cartridge part is similar to the emulated question.

It all boils down to: Are you interested in a new system or just trying to find a way to play the same games you have been since the 70s and 80s?

I am interested in the old games myself because I don't have many, but I do not want an emulation box. I have those already for cheaper than $150. I am also interested in supporting the new games.

• Like 1

Well I want going to add a couple options but seems my editing time limit is up.

Basically the cartridge part is similar to the emulated question.

It all boils down to: Are you interested in a new system or just trying to find a way to play the same games you have been since the 70s and 80s?

I am interested in the old games myself because I don't have many, but I do not want an emulation box. I have those already for cheaper than $150. I am also interested in supporting the new games.

Ultimately I think most people here would like it to be able to do all of these things. The question is what can people live without to keep the system viable. I would love to see this have a cart port. I would be happy to buy a cart adapter as an add on. Neither of these things are a deal breaker for me though. So in the other poll I voted for an external adapter but here I went with seeing new games as the most important thing. New games with updated controllers is the real selling point for me even though I'd take it all if they could pull it off for a sustainable price.

I like new games. I think I would need to be convinced of the need for yet another box for playing them. Steam/PSN/XBL/Switch has lots of retro-style games.

Don't you? Considering how you target certain members here continuously, Then again, we've all seen that your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I can think of a few other ways to respond to that without escalating it into flaming and name calling.

For me, the best feature this could have is online internet two-player support for original Intellivision games. They say it will be a feature for the new platform but I'm not expecting it for its intellivision emulator. That's something we can't do now.

Edited by mr_me

Don't you? Considering how you target certain members here continuously, Then again, we've all seen that your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I posted here a comment, on topic, and responded to someone who quoted me. Your first post on this (and some other threads), on the other hand, are specifically to tell me off. Perhaps you should just follow your own interests instead of me.

-dZ.

For me, the best feature this could have is online internet two-player support for original Intellivision games. They say it will be a feature for the new platform but I'm not expecting it for its intellivision emulator. That's something we can't do now.

That sounds like a great feature, and would make all those two-game players playable again. Is that really something that can be done practically?

Technically it's already been done. There's a version of mame (mamehub) that does it. I tested it with Intellivision and it works surprisingly well. Unfortunately it has a bug with analog controllers and mame itself has issues with some intellivision roms (e.g. nasl soccer).

The way it achieves high performance is each player is playing locally but the two systems are synchronised over the internet. So your actions never have any internet latency.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Technically it's already been done. There's a version of mame (mamehub) that does it. I tested it with Intellivision and it works surprisingly well. Unfortunately it has a bug with analog controllers and mame itself has issues with some intellivision roms (e.g. nasl soccer).

The way it achieves high performance is each player is playing locally but the two systems are synchronised over the internet. So your actions never have any internet latency.

Oh, my! I did not know that. I'll have to check it out.

I can think of a few other ways to respond to that without escalating it into flaming and name calling.

Feel free. I've tried before to no avail. Understand I do not disagree with what you're trying to say here but his constant attacking of mr_me is uncalled for considering m_m has posted nothing inflammatory in nature. I'm all for members taking issue with name calling and flaming but it should be directed towards those putting labels like "troll" and "nazi" on others for simply expressing an opinion.

I posted here a comment, on topic, and responded to someone who quoted me.

Actually you quoted him shortly before going on the attack.

Your first post on this (and some other threads), on the other hand, are specifically to tell me off. Perhaps you should just follow your own interests instead of me.

-dZ.

Not remotely true. Not here, or here, or here (my initial post in each thread). However, you did exactly that here.

Prior to this thread, at no time has calling you out for being belittling towards others or myself been my first post in any thread. I came here vote in the poll and found you being your usual condescending self but you were not the draw. I suggest getting over yourself.