IGNORED

Is this cart anything special?

TonyBoes

Hey guys, longtime lurker here.

I recently acquired the Basic Rev. A cart in the attached photo.

http://imgur.com/gallery/iYoIL5o

I didn't think anything of it at first thinking it was just a home relabel. I put it up on Facebook marketplace with some of my other duplicates.

I was contacted by someone who says it looks like it came out of an Atari repair center and he's interested in it as a variant. PCB looks normal to me (no eeproms or anything), but I don't really consider myself an expert.

He's not offering any more than you would pay for a normal copy of Basic. I'm not really in love with it, so I'm happy to sell it to him, but I thought I should check here to see if I'm missing something?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by TonyBoes

Let me ask you a question: Are you here for the love of Atari, or the Greed of money?

If it's the former, I'll be glad to help you. It's nothing special, just a custom label. Maybe repair center, maybe not, no biggie.

But, if you are here for the latter reason, You may not get too much help. Your kind of people only artificially inflate the price of Atari stuff in order to stuff their pockets at the expense of US, the real Atari USERS!

:)

• Like 2

Goodness. Not looking for a cash grab here guys. Selling my duplicates to finance getting carts I don't have. I was just surprised by someone's willingness to drive out of their way to buy a Basic cart. I'm relatively new to this hobby.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and getting taken.

Edited by TonyBoes
  • Like 1

Rev A basics were placed into cart shells in droves as we upgraded to rev b then C... rev A's were kept around for a few programs that worked on rev A or would put an extra line feed one a Title screen or so...

There are literally no end to the number of these that turn up... I have a few I did myself, both in a standard shell and on exposed PCB's , If someone wants to make a trip and buy it... I wouldn't care either way, I did find it strange that anyone would ask or question why someone would come to buy it and pick it up though...

This sort of direct buy, swapping has gone on since the user group days, it avoids shipping and damage, and we get to meet fellow Atarians... no different than any modern day letgo, craigslist, ioffer, online want ad list out there....

• Like 2