IGNORED

Intellivision Homebrew

MrBeefy

So are there any killer INTV homebrew games one must play? For like the 7800 I would say, BBCQ, Time Salvo, & PacMan Collection. 2600 Toyshop Trouble, Stellas Stocking, Draconian, Dungeon, & EMR.

What am I missing from the INTV and are the roms available?

Also maybe it is me but does it seem like INTV homebrews are more expensive or on par with Pokey 7800 homebrew?

I really only own one Intelly homebrew (For shame!). But I highly recommend it. That would be Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe, but I just noticed it is now listed as currently sold out on the Collectorvision website store. Hopefully they get some more in.

https://collectorvision.com/shop/intellivision/sydney-hunter-the-sacred-tribe-3/

I've only bought a tiny number of non-Intellivision home-brew games, and they've all been a good bit cheaper, so you're correct on that front. That said, the inherent costs are higher. They *must* use custom boards. After that, some use new shells. Boxes, fancy manual, and overlays -- even when not actually intended for a game -- inevitably happen, too.

As to games, that's always going to be subjective.

A few that I know ROMs are available for - killer apps, all:

DK Arcade

DIIK Arcade

Ms. Pac-Man

Space Patrol

Christmas Carol and the Ghost of Christmas Presents

After that my memory isn't so good. Some of the other "killer" games IMHO:

Lost Caves of Kroz: (Puzzler): ROM: don't think so)

Ultimate Pong (All the Pongs): ROM: ??

Stonix (Arkanoid-like): ROM: ??

Paddle Party (another set of Pong-like games) ROM: NO

Super Chef BT (BurgerTime on steroids): ROM: ??

Space Raid (Good Zaxxon): ROM: I think so - forget where

Princess Quest (platformer): ROM: ??

Jr. Pac-Man (duh): ROM: Not yet

Boulder Dash: ROM: NO

Hover Bovver: ROM: NO

Missile Domination (Missile Command): ROM: ??

There are quite a few good fun and some quite familiar games.

Space Patrol: http://www.spacepatrol.info/

Carol is here: http://www.carolvsghost.com/pg_buy.html

Here are a few places to locate multiple ROMs:

Intelligentvision offers numerous ROMs: http://intellivision.us/intvgames/orderroms.php

Intellivision Revolution offers some ROMs: http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/roms

Carl Mueller, Jr. (DK Arcade, Ms. Mac-Man) possibly here: http://www.carlmuellerjr.com/

If you can locate the Intellivision Lives! and Rocks! CDs, quite a few unreleased game ROMs are on there -- many of which have appeared on cartridges. Not sure if those ROMs can be extracted from the other places they've been published.

It would be handy if we had a consolidated location for this kind of info. The idea has crossed my mind more than once...

• Like 4

I'd recommend these (bolded games are must plays, IMO):

Christmas Carol vs. the Ghost of Christmas Presents

D2K

Princess Quest

Space Patrol

Lost Caves of Kroz

Piggy Bank

Sydney Hunter & the Sacred Tribe

Stonix

Astro Invader

Old School

Boulder Dash

Hover Bovver

IntyBasic Showcase Volume 1

Missile Domination

Paddle Party

Ultimate Pong

Oregon Bound

Match 5

Intelligentvision has a bunch of decent upgraded games (Ms Night Stalker, Super Chef BT, Mystic Castle, Super Pro Baseball, Fight for the Cup Hockey, Super Pro Tennis)

Rev released a bunch of decent ports (Missile Domination, Moon Blast, Jawcrusher, Copter Command, Best 'Em & Eat 'Em)

Definitely looking ahead for these:

The Minstrel's Legend

Defender of the Crown

IntyBasic Showcase Volume 2

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

I can echo a few of the recommendations mentioned above:

Super Chef BT - a must have for fans of Burgertime

Piggy Bank - an amazing timer based puzzle map game

Scarfinger - INTV's closest thing to a 007 game

Hover Bovver - brand new release that is a ton of fun

Super Pro Baseball - the best version of the game on Intellivision

Mystic Castle - huge improvement on the already excellent Thunder Castle

Old School - super fun maze running game

Go Sub - super fun underwater maze running game with alternate versions of play built in

Ms. Pac-Man - so much like the arcade version you won't believe you're playing an Intellivision

I don't have these yet but you may want to look into them:

Meteors - a remake of a classic arcade game that looks amazing

Christmas Carol vs. the Ghost of Christmas Presents - universally loved game in the community that some think may be the best homebrew produced to date. I don't play ROMs but I know this is available if you like. I'm waiting to snag a CIB copy though they don't come cheap. I know it's odd to recommend a game I haven't played but too many people have spoken glowingly about this release to be wrong. It's definitely one I plan on getting someday.

• Like 1

See I want an LTO but with becoming a dad in next few months I can justify the price. Ebay had some but went for wjat theu would normally cost. :P

Having sold some on eBay buy the time a dealer can buy them and have his PayPal fees and eBay fees covered it is just as easy and affordible to send a check to Joe. :-) I don't see people parting with their LTO carts cheap.

So are there any killer INTV homebrew games one must play? For like the 7800 I would say, BBCQ, Time Salvo, & PacMan Collection. 2600 Toyshop Trouble, Stellas Stocking, Draconian, Dungeon, & EMR.

The one EMR fan!

In addition to the above-mention games, Super Pro Tennis is also a must-have game.

• Like 3

Having sold some on eBay buy the time a dealer can buy them and have his PayPal fees and eBay fees covered it is just as easy and affordible to send a check to Joe. :-) I don't see people parting with their LTO carts cheap.

Do people use cheques anymore? My transaction paying into Joe's bank account worked out very easily.

• Like 1

Doesn't PayPal still prohibit selling flash carts like LTO Flash! and others? I'm not sure even eBay would let it remain listed. Getting into serious trouble with these two is not something most would do in order to sell off a spare flash cart if there are other markets like here on AA where most of the customers hang out anyway.

Doesn't PayPal still prohibit selling flash carts like LTO Flash! and others? I'm not sure even eBay would let it remain listed. Getting into serious trouble with these two is not something most would do in order to sell off a spare flash cart if there are other markets like here on AA where most of the customers hang out anyway.

If you have been flagged sometimes they do. I don't know how it happens, I think it is usually a disgruntled buyer who complains there are no games on it. LOL

• Like 1