IGNORED

Has anyone ordered from Telegames UK web site for Jaguar games?

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Necrobump - kill me! I placed my first order with Telegames UK, as I recently got a Jaguar, and went with three games, based on my needs: Supercross 3D, Attack of the Mutant Penguins and Troy Aikman Football. Upon unboxing them, Troy Aikman and Supercross were new old stock, as expected, but Mutant Penguins was clearly used, had sticker residue on the front of the box and a sticker on the back of the box, box had a decent amount of scrapes and crushing, etc. I contacted Pete to see how this could happen, and he said that they used to have five video game stores and some of their inventory is ex-rental, but that he didn't think they had any used Mutant Penguins. Keep in mind this wasn't referenced anywhere that I would be getting a used game. He did acknowledge that sending me a used copy was a mistake. I asked for a partial refund, but he said the best he could do would be free shipping on my next order. Far from ideal, as it means I have to make at least one additional purchase, but I took his solution. Fast forward a few days and I'm able to sit down to play some Mutant Penguins. Much to my chagrin, I got the red screen of death (RSOD). This came after a thorough cleaning of the cartridge contacts with isopropyl. Gave it another cleaning. Nothing. Pulled up on the cart slightly in the slot (have seen this suggestion around here). Nothing. Still RSOD each time. I emailed Pete and told him this supposed to be new used copy wasn't working, and that I knew it was a game issue because I recently purchased about 25 other Jag games and all work flawlessly, and asked what he suggested we do about it - exchange for new, etc.? His suggested solution was to keep the dead game (for which I paid £33.32/$41.61) and he would include in my next order a replacement NEW Attack of the Mutant Penguins for £20/$25. Again, not ideal, but still better than alternatives like eBay. I will say that the eBay Money Back Guarantee for buyers has spoiled me, as if this had been an eBay purchase, I would have been refunded in full for my original purchase plus been issued a free return label, but then again, I would be on my own to find a replacement.

I suppose I'm offering this story as a cautionary tale of dealing with Telegames UK. I will obviously be making at least one more order, but beyond that I can't make any promises. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...