IGNORED

Has anyone ordered from Telegames UK web site for Jaguar games?

PhoenixMoonPatrol

I've been wanting to order Breakout 2000 for the Jaguar for a long time and decided its time to buy the game.

There's a few copies on Ebay,all overpriced. The lowest goes for $130.00 "new" after shipping.

Did some Googling and see that Telegames UK's web site, (after currency exchange rates) have the game + shipping the game would be a good amount cheaper than EBay. $100.00 total after shipping to the U.S.

My question is are they reliable? No problems ordering with them? Did the games arrive ok and in new condition,or maybe just repackaged as "new" ?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hmm. well I did see this listed on their shipping prices page:

Rest of World
  • Order processing: £10.00 per order
  • Small items (games, small accessories): £1.00 per item
  • Large items (consoles, most accessories): £20.00 per item
  • Very large items are £27 (up to 3kg), £37 (up to 4kg) and £41 (up to 5kg)

Would this be the import and tax fees?

Keep in mind that there's a chance that you might pay some import/tax fees.

Hmm. well I did see this listed on their shipping prices page:

Rest of World
  • Order processing: £10.00 per order
  • Small items (games, small accessories): £1.00 per item
  • Large items (consoles, most accessories): £20.00 per item
  • Very large items are £27 (up to 3kg), £37 (up to 4kg) and £41 (up to 5kg)

Would this be the import and tax fees?

No. Import/tax fees are set/taken by the border "officials" (sorry my Ameriglish sucks big time here and too lazy to look it up). They check the parcels and if they think you import something that is worth something they slap extra costs on it. Sometimes you can be lucky and they don't see it or deem it not worthy. It's a bit of a lottery. The sender can't include those extra taxes into the selling price.

• Like 2

No. Import/tax fees are set/taken by the border "officials" (sorry my Ameriglish sucks big time here and too lazy to look it up). They check the parcels and if they think you import something that is worth something they slap extra costs on it. Sometimes you can be lucky and they don't see it or deem it not worthy. It's a bit of a lottery. The sender can't include those extra taxes into the selling price.

It's an outdated practice that really should be abolished now.

It was originally introduced to dissuade people from importing cheaper, foreign goods when they 'should' be buying domestically.

It's basically theft.

• Like 1

I have ordered a grip of stuff from them. All of the stuff was new/sealed and for great prices! Shipping was a bit since I am in the USA but the prices on items was fantastic! I was able to find plenty of new games, and then missing boxes, manuals, and white holders for my loose games to help make them CIB!

• Like 1

I too have ordered a number of items from Telegames UK (such as a memory track cartridge and some Atari VCS paddles, Jaguar CD' games).

They are friendly, helpful and quick to deliver. Email contact is good. I am in the UK, though so can't comment on import taxes.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to order Breakout 2000 for the Jaguar for a long time and decided its time to buy the game.

There's a few copies on Ebay,all overpriced. The lowest goes for $130.00 "new" after shipping.

Did some Googling and see that Telegames UK's web site, (after currency exchange rates) have the game + shipping the game would be a good amount cheaper than EBay. $100.00 total after shipping to the U.S.

My question is are they reliable? No problems ordering with them? Did the games arrive ok and in new condition,or maybe just repackaged as "new" ?

Yeah I've purchased like half my collection from them, easily recommendable

Hi telegames is different than telegames uk. Don't know if their even still around, but telegrams uk is good as it the last time I ordered, though it's been a few years.

I agree songbird is similar prices and was local last I ordered. Again, been a few years though.

I need to pick up some gamesmyself. I still got a way to go getting jag and lynx stuff, still plenty of nos and homebrew stuff to pick up.

• 3 weeks later...