IGNORED

SDrive-MAX Connection Issue

DrVenkman

Can't you hold reset on the 800 during power up and then let go ? IIRC the RESET of the 800 is quite different in function compared to the XL/XE's

I tried that last night; didn't work. Eh, no biggie. Ultimately (some months from now) I expect this device will get used with one my 800's, and I'll just stick with the XEL-CF Loader for my 1088XEL, plus use of the built-in SIO2PC functionality when necessary.

That said, I do intend to build one or two more of them (one spare for myself and another for a friend). You can be darn sure I'll be using a Schottky diode instead of a 1N4148 on those! :P

On the upside of this situation, I now have more 1N4148 diodes than I'm likely to need in my remaining lifespan … lol!

• Like 4

On the upside of this situation, I now have more 1N4148 diodes than I'm likely to need in my remaining lifespan … lol!

Those will work fine as replacements for the 1N914s as spec'ed for the 1088XEL, or on any of the TK-II boards. So keep that in mind ;) .

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

My case is being printed by a friend as we speak :) I went for black, as his white is really ....white, which will look more off next to the ivory of my 600XL.

For some reasons explained later: I just measured the current the Sdrive-Max consumes. With the screen installed and running, incl. SD-card installed it is 110mA. However, when I removed the screen and measured again the USB tester indicated 0,00 A...... Of course it is quite logical that the screen draws most current but I didn't expect the power "hunger" of the UNO (clone) to be so low....Yeah I know it's, not a Fluke, but it's close enough for why I measured it...

Now my question is: could the screen be turned off after some time and can it pop back on when it's touched ?

The 110mA is a pretty serious amount for the A8 power supplies which usually need to provide less than 1000mA. Having a "maxed out" machine with all sorts of extra's doesn't help either of course...

....and there's another reason why I would it to go into some "sleep" mode if possible....

Edited by Level42

I finaly made it after i had to order new diodes.

My SDRIVE-MAx runs with a shottky diode of the type 1N5817 in the 5V line and a BAT85 in the Data Input - TxD line.

I test it with my 800XL with Ultimade1MB with a power converter from the Abbuc the SDRIVE-MAX was directly connected to the computer. I test it with ATR images like RealDOS up to POKEY divisor 0 , BIBODOS,... and with .CAS file like GREENBERRET,AIRWOLF,TRUST and THE DOMAIN OF THE UNDEAD.

• Like 3

Man I really must complain about this whole Sdrive-Max idea......

It seriously was the most boring project I ever did.

I ordered the insanely cheap parts, put them together, figured out the USB driver and programming, figured out the wiring of my SIO cable, soldered 5 wires, copied files to an SD card and bam it worked. And works and works....

This is not how it should go. Projects should be costly, but at least be troublesome, hard to execute and cause headaches :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by Level42
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine soldered up today and it worked first time with a 1N914 diode I had laying around. From what I can see of your board in the above picture it appears to be the same board. This is running on SIO power from a 600xl. Thsi is the board I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AR7YJ3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any chance of buying one of those cases? They look great!

Hi,

What screen are you buying to go along with this UNO product.??

• Like 1

http://s.aliexpress.com/fA7VNf2E

I am going to claim that this is simply the same as the Elegoo.....they just put a name on it and box around it....I just ordered and received a second one and works 100% too.

I'm glad you got yours ok, I ordered from the same link and received two screens in a bubbleope with smashed pins and lovely cracks on the screen.

I'm glad you got yours ok, I ordered from the same link and received two screens in a bubbleope with smashed pins and lovely cracks on the screen.

Arghhh. Stupid trasnporters although to be honest....you indeed would expert a box for shipping these.

Ordered two individually and both arrived fine....guess I was lucky ....what did the seller say ? They should pack better...

Arghhh. Stupid trasnporters although to be honest....you indeed would expert a box for shipping these.

Ordered two individually and both arrived fine....guess I was lucky ....what did the seller say ? They should pack better...

I opened a dispute through aliexpress and they just refunded it. Luckily the uno boards came in perfect condition so I only had to buy new screens.