IGNORED

Opal Rotary Controller [DISCONTINUED]

Gummy Bear

Howdy,

I pretty much figure that everyone around these parts already has a rotary controller, but thought I'd share this anyway as folks might find it interesting since it's unusual.

Rather than trying to learn how to post pics on my phone, I'll just leave a link :)

www.tennokoe.co.uk

Enjoy!

EDIT: I decided to not be so lazy and booted up the ol' PC

post-7648-0-15732900-1531821014.jpg

post-7648-0-71920300-1531821102.jpg

post-7648-0-57390600-1531821124.jpg

post-7648-0-32255800-1531821151.jpg

• Like 16

Is it possible to eventually program the LED to not color cycle and stay on a static color or set it up to rotate out between the primaries with a button combo push or something? I'm all for RGB lighting as I have some in my PC, but having said that I don't have the system change colors on the fly and prefer to keep a static color and then change it from time to time.

Is it possible to eventually program the LED to not color cycle and stay on a static color or set it up to rotate out between the primaries with a button combo push or something? I'm all for RGB lighting as I have some in my PC, but having said that I don't have the system change colors on the fly and prefer to keep a static color and then change it from time to time.

Not sure if that would be possible given the power constraints.

The RGB LED has a peak draw of 30milliamps. The Jag controller ports are only rated for 50, so an additional microcontroller would likely push it near or over the limit.

Not to mention the additional faffing about. These things take long enough to make anyway. Lol

I originally had a simple red LED in my prototype pad, but thought that the phasing colour "melt-o-vision" was more in keeping with the likes of Tempest and Rebooteroids. :)