IGNORED

Opal Rotary Controller [DISCONTINUED]

Gummy Bear

You must get one! Immediately! :)

I sure wish I could, because the Jag is such a neat system with a good 2 dozen games I think I'd really enjoy playing on it, but I think I kinda missed the boat on getting a Jag and games when they were still affordable. These days the entry fee for getting into Jaguar collecting is a wee bit out of my price range I'm afraid. It's still great seeing people in the community making such cool and useful stuff for it through! :)

• Like 1

Actually I tried a 2600-to-USB adapter, and NO! Paddles, steering controls, and Trackballs DO NOT Work on an Xbox One version of Atari Flashback volumes 1 and 2. I doubt they'll work with an even more obscure Jaguar control standard to USB, and a non-standard USB at that. The question is what about AtariBocx and Tempest 4K? DO you have to buy an AtariBox (By the way, this is the second recycling of a system name, Xbox One was the first. Atari VCS?!!? Why not the 10400 (pronounced 1-0-4-Hundred, or hundred-4-hundred?) ) Do you have to buy an AtariBox to get the Jaguar or 2600 Rotary controller working with Tempest 4000?

• 2 weeks later...

Great work, coolest rotary yet.

I had a question, are you open to custom projects?

I bought an Xarcade roller unit just for the case. I wanted to put a rotary in it with an aluminum rotary knob like the real Tempest machine.

Want to put the keypad in the middle and use Sanwa buttons. Can you do this for me?

Thanks

Edited by MAYAman

I bought an Xarcade roller unit just for the case. I wanted to put a rotary in it with an aluminum rotary knob like the real Tempest machine.

Want to put the keypad in the middle and use Sanwa buttons. Can you do this for me?

Thanks

I did something similar well over 20 years back (obviously not using an X-Arcade trackball unit ;) ). It's relatively easy - soldering of two wires to the microswitches and the buttons on the PCB, mounting of the numberpad in the box (or using another keypad or a limited number of buttons for views, but that'd involve more soldering rather than using the original), and of course the rotary conversion. Soldering and the conversion took only a few hours (and I'm not very good at it)...I spent more time making the box and painting it (which didn't work out great lol).

An X-Arcade trackball would be the *perfect* housing for a Jaguar rotary / spinner. I've found a reasonably cheap source locally and actually got one just last week. I'm actually tempted to get another to do this...thanks for the idea :)

Edited by skip

Thanks

That does sound pretty sweet.

Unfortunately I have too much on at the moment to be of any help, man.

OK the 5th batch is now complete. However only 4 will be for sale via the website as LinkoVitch will be taking 6 to ejagfest, bless his little cotton socks! :)

So if you happen to be going to ejagfest, you can grab one from LinkoVitch, minus the shipping cost that is normally embedded.

My thanks again to him for offering to do this!

• Like 3