IGNORED

Opal Rotary Controller [DISCONTINUED]

Gummy Bear

Yay!

In other related news:

I'm trying to not be such a luddite.

I've historically avoided social media because I have no social life, but not any more!

I have made a Facebook page @tennokoe.co.uk

If folks who have had happy dealings with me would care to post a few words or pics or whatever, I would be grateful :)

• Like 1

Hello everybody, this is my first post on AtariAge and I wanted to start my leaving a short review and give a thumbs up shout out to Gummy Bear for his awesome rotary Opal controllers. I had the pleasure of picking up two of these last week, and I have to say, anyone thinking of purchasing one - you absolutely should - they are 100% worth the investment. There's no doubt about it, the Opal completely transforms the way you'll play Tempest 2000 for starters, and it's great to know that you're playing it as the game designers intended you to play it. The Opal works equally as well on titles including Rebooteroids and Impulse X, and after some initial in-game tweeks are made to the sensitivity settings, you'll be smashing through asteroids and bricks with incredible precision, speed and accuracy. It really is that good. Coming back to these titles has been a real pleasure, and I'm pretty confident my scores will go through the roof because of the sharpness afforded by the Opal!

I have to take my hat off to Gummy Bear for producing rotary controllers of superb OEM build quality too. You really wouldn't know that these hadn't been made by Atari, in fact the finish is likely to be better if anything. Incredibly precise build quality, and the 'O' LED lightshow when you're listening to the rave scores on Tempest and Rebooeroids just works perfectly!

As you can see I am well impressed. The other great thing too is the quality of the communication you'll receive from Gummy Bear - so all in all, a very positive experience. Don't delay, buy an Opal!

• Like 4

Out of stock again!

I was hoping to avoid this happening again, but there was a sudden, inexplicable rush where 11 sold in the last week.

Next batch should be ready by the end of February.

Follow the Facebook page @tennokoe.co.uk for updates.

Hey not a bad problem to have. speaks to a quality product!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would totally buy one, but I already bought a rotary controller about 10 years ago for the Jag... I really want yours, but just can't justify buying one when I already have one... but I really like the LED.

Have you thought about making a normal controller that has a light-up "+" key? Just a thought... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Back in stock, yo.

Awesomeness. Are you still offering them at the generous price of $100 per controller? Man I can't wait to get one. You should totally do some with those reproduction Pro controllers from starwander.

That would be smart!

$60 for the pad

$3 for rotary dial and parts

$2 for color changing led

$1 for plexiglass

You could swing those for $200 a pop and it would totally be a bargain.