IGNORED

Opal Rotary Controller [DISCONTINUED]

Gummy Bear

Awesomeness. Are you still offering them at the generous price of $100 per controller? Man I can't wait to get one. You should totally do some with those reproduction Pro controllers from starwander.

That would be smart!

$60 for the pad

$3 for rotary dial and parts

$2 for color changing led

$1 for plexiglass

You could swing those for $200 a pop and it would totally be a bargain.

Haven't you got some shit games to make or something?

• Like 1

Yeah, you've lost me there I'm afraid.

I'm sure there's a pathetic, desperate insult there somewhere, just not getting it.

I don't know what you mean either. I just want my color changing led rotary controller for the awesome price of $100. Or have you since INCREASED the price?

;)

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

I don't know what you mean either. I just want my color changing led rotary controller for the awsome price of $100. Or have you since INCREASED the price?

;)

People are happy to pay for something that is well thought out and well made.

I can see why this would confuse you.

It's not just a case of buying a bunch of parts and shaking them in a magic bag, each controller takes several hours for me to make, employing a wide range of tools, many of which had to be bought or made just for this project.

You see, it's a point of professional pride that I don't make/sell anything imperfect.

That's the difference between craftsmanship and making a quick buck.

If you still don't get it, and given your familiarity with complaints, take a look in this thread/forum, Facebook, Instagram, the web at large and see if you can find a single complaint from anyone that has bought one of my controllers.

Now if you're quite finished, the door's that way >

• Like 4

It's not just a case of buying a bunch of parts and shaking them in a magic bag, each controller takes several hours for me to make, employing a wide range of tools, many of which had to be bought or made just for this project.

You see, it's a point of professional pride that I don't make/sell anything imperfect.

That's the difference between craftsmanship and making a quick buck.

If I didn't already have two rotaries I'd definitely be adding one of these... maybe I need to make a 4-player WARLORDS? :D

• Like 3

People are happy to pay for something that is well thought out and well made.

I can see why this would confuse you.

Having played on one of these controllers I would have to say hand on heart if anything he is understating the quality of the product here.

They are VERY well made, very well packaged and presented and IMHO look and feel like a factory produced official part (except for looking cooler than other genuine Atari Jag parts :D)

Mr Bear is also a pleasure to deal with and a jolly nice chap to boot.

Just my 2p

• Like 1

Having played on one of these controllers I would have to say hand on heart if anything he is understating the quality of the product here.

They are VERY well made, very well packaged and presented and IMHO look and feel like a factory produced official part (except for looking cooler than other genuine Atari Jag parts :D)

Mr Bear is also a pleasure to deal with and a jolly nice chap to boot.

Just my 2p

I second this. Very well made and a sight to behold. Had to kick myself of the demo unit at eJagFest as it was getting late. A worthy addition at this price as a premium rotary. Cant compare them to mine at all.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Has anyone used one of these on a 2600 with an adapter of some kind? I know their was a thread about the 2600 version of Tempest, and that it pretty much can’t be done correctly even with a Melody board. But after reading all of these reviews I would like to try it on Kaboom if that was possible?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, str0m said:

Vaguely on topic and just posting as I see you are in the UK Gummy Bear. Anywhere near Leeds? I went to the recently opened Arcade Club last week, amazing! They have an original Tempest there with rotary controller :)

Capture3.JPG

Nowhere near Leeds I'm afraid, man.

That machine looks fresh!