IGNORED

Playstation VR

GeekDragon

But there are a ton of "headset only" psvr sets on eBay. I'm being uncharacteristically cautious with buying this, probably because I know I'm only going to play with it once, because it looks like a cable-happy hassle.

If you set it up correctly, the cable issue is a minor one. I have my VR box and all wiring between the TV and PS4 tucked away neatly behind the TV along with the rest of the wiring for my other systems. The only thing that has to be taken out and put away each time you play it is the actual headset which only uses one wire running from it to the VR box. As long as you keep it all hooked up at your home, it's not big deal. Now if you plan to use it between different systems at different locations, the wiring and hooks ups would certainly be a hassle.

• Like 3

If you set it up correctly, the cable issue is a minor one. I have my VR box and all wiring between the TV and PS4 tucked away neatly behind the TV along with the rest of the wiring for my other systems. The only thing that has to be taken out and put away each time you play it is the actual headset which only uses one wire running from it to the VR box. As long as you keep it all hooked up at your home, it's not big deal. Now if you plan to use it between different systems at different locations, the wiring and hooks ups would certainly be a hassle.

I did the same, because I knew I'd never use if it was a mess to set-up/tear down. All the unsightly wires sit either behind the TV or on a shelf under the TV stand. It takes less than a minute to pull out, put away.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

But there are a ton of "headset only" psvr sets on eBay. I'm being uncharacteristically cautious with buying this, probably because I know I'm only going to play with it once, because it looks like a cable-happy hassle.

I'm kinda almost tempted as i really want to try Battlezone, recently bought PS4 Wipeout, own Resident Evil 7 but did not think that much of the game, completed it but curious to see if playing it in VR can redeem it..and there are a few other titles that seem promising.

But yeah..cable nightmare for my OCD.

The thought of returning to the days of my Megadrive-Mega CD-32X set up are not warm thoughts and it was bad enough having my 360 Elite-external power brick-HD DVD Drive-Clip on Wi Fi adapter

set up.

I do not like cable clutter.

I'm kinda almost tempted as i really want to try Battlezone, recently bought PS4 Wipeout, own Resident Evil 7 but did not think that much of the game, completed it but curious to see if playing it in VR can redeem it..and there are a few other titles that seem promising.

But yeah..cable nightmare for my OCD.

The thought of returning to the days of my Megadrive-Mega CD-32X set up are not warm thoughts and it was bad enough having my 360 Elite-external power brick-HD DVD Drive-Clip on Wi Fi adapter

set up.

I do not like cable clutter.

As I discussed before, there is no cable clutter if you are organized about it. If done correctly, there are no visible cables except the one cable that runs from the processor box to the headset. That shouldn't be an OCD nightmare unless you can't handle any gaming system before the PS3 era.

If you are truly OCD like I am, get the PS4 pro since it is the only model with a USB port on the back which means you don't have to run a cable to the front of your PS4 which I hate doing on anything that's hooked up permanently.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...