IGNORED

Back in the saddle, have a few questions to get caught up

trajectory

The usual "greatest hits" games that are mentioned here plus a few others and probably all of the homebrew I've purchased. Oh and Club Drive, just because it's not worth the cost of shipping it. For Jag CD of the OG retail games, probably just Battlemorph and Hover Strike...WTR if you count that too. Keeping high $$$ games like Primal Rage and Brain Dead around for no reason makes no sense and purging the extras always feels good.

I took it as if you were purging whole systems rather than slimming down each collection individually hence the question (was curious about the "survivor list of systems") , but yeah even that makes a lot of sense, after a while bragging rights count for naught imho when one just doesn't play the thing and let's be honest most of the CD systems can be played without requiring OGs if you really itch to.

"Oh and Club Drive, just because it's not worth the cost of shipping it"

LOL, still don't have it, can't really get myself to try it out, I think Checkered Flag did it for me.

Oh...systems, nah. I never really bought anything I didn't want, even the 5200 gets some play and I like the Pole Position on there. The biggest collections I have that are worth money are the Jag and 32X, those are the main ones to pare down. I have like 2 Genesis carts because even in the 90's I had a floppy drive console copier, now an everdrive. CD based systems I'm less worried about paring down as they take up far less space. My Lynx and Vectrex collections are with me until the end, though.

...My Lynx and Vectrex collections are with me until the end, though.

Lynx and Vectrex, that's a very odd couple.

Started a thread on "paring down systems" to see what people would cut/keep.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/281039-if-you-had-to-pare-down-your-systems-which-will-you-keep/?do=findComment&comment=4076484

What are some of the homebrew CD-only titles that you recommend? I'm very iffy on parting ways with the CD unit because it does have a lot of nostalgic value to me, but I can't justify keeping it from someone else if I'm not really going to use it. Also, do you know where I can burn a boot disc?

Lots of downloads listed here. Keep in mind they're not specifically for CD, but burning onto CD is one of the ways they can be played. Regarding a "boot disc", you don't necessarily need one. Look at the page I linked for a lot of tools needed for burning homebrews to CD.

Give it some thought first, man.

If you think you might regret selling it and want another one down the line, makes more sense to just hang onto it.

Jag CDs are daft money now. In a few years you'll need to take out a mortgage to get one.

I sold my Jag cd boxed in perfect condition for £30 in 2004. Its my biggest regret in life.

Hey, at least you didn't trade a nice, boxed, complete USA Neo Geo AES Gold system for a PlayStation 2 in 2001....

Not one of my finest moments, personally.

• Like 2

I sold my Jag cd boxed in perfect condition for £30 in 2004. Its my biggest regret in life.

I have to guess that you mean wrt videogaming stuff, because if that's your biggest regret in general .. .oh man.

Now sticking to the videogames, why would it be the biggest regret? Is it the 600US$ that it fetches or the games you can't play?

Battlemorph and IS2 are definitely worth getting if you are hanging onto your Jag CD. Hover Strike unconquered lands is another good one for CD.

IS2 on CD will play exactly the same as your cart version, it will just sound better.

Agreed about Battlemorph and IS2 if you keep the JagCD. A new copy of Battlemorph can be had from Best Electronics for $40.

• Like 2

I have to guess that you mean wrt videogaming stuff, because if that's your biggest regret in general .. .oh man.

Now sticking to the videogames, why would it be the biggest regret? Is it the 600US$ that it fetches or the games you can't play?

No its pretty much my biggest regret full stop. ?

Im a compulsive collector but when my first son was born I sold a load of boxed machines as I honestly thought I wouldnt be playing Video games anymore. I think its more the fact that there were so little of them made and I didnt know that at the time. So now its ridiculously difficult to get without spending a fortune.

Edited by Kal

As for some CD games I would say the ones I recommend are Battlemorph, Hover Strike, and IS2 which are all already said. However there are some nice homebrew ones that are fairly cheap for the Jag CD as well that I recommend: Alice's Mom's Rescue, Philia, Elansar, Fallen Angels, and Tube SE.

Cart wise you alreayd have a good list of the ones you plan to snag. If you decide to get a skunkboard for $100 shipped it's a great deal to try out all the ST ports and homebrew games for the jag that are on cart. Some of the CD games I mentioned are also in rom format and can be played on the skunk (Fallen Angels and Tube SE) and are pretty fun!

• Like 1

Wow, I envy your life if a currently 600US$ piece of videogame memorabilia is all that you regret ... or did you like so much those 13 original releases?

You do realize that when you quote something you can type your reply in the same post? You seem to have a pattern of a quote in one post, then a new post with your response.

• Like 1

You do realize that when you quote something you can type your reply in the same post? You seem to have a pattern of a quote in one post, then a new post with your response.

I did not know that ? Thanks

Agreed about Battlemorph and IS2 if you keep the JagCD. A new copy of Battlemorph can be had from Best Electronics for $40.

If I can find an affordable Battlemorph, I'll at least buy that before making my decision. Best Electronics appears to not have any in stock at the moment :-(