IGNORED

Bentley Bear Pokey version availiability?

Stevaside

Fair enough. Niiiice have fun!

Sea Wolf and Super Cobra so far tonight..

Damn...shines new light on what a great game needs..

And its not 2018 tech..

I have a PS4, Xbox One and a Switch..great machines with crazy high tech games that are stunning..

But these on a 7800 are making a statement...Super Cobra.. crazy good...

Lol i also bought the original King Kong on DVD today..

Sometimes you just have to appreciate craftsmanship over technology..,

Sea Wolf and Super Cobra so far tonight..

Damn...shines new light on what a great game needs..

And its not 2018 tech..

I have a PS4, Xbox One and a Switch..great machines with crazy high tech games that are stunning..

But these on a 7800 are making a statement...Super Cobra.. crazy good...

Lol i also bought the original King Kong on DVD today..

Sometimes you just have to appreciate craftsmanship over technology..,

I recently picked up Sea Wolf and really like it .

I also picked up Assembloids and wow is that a good game . My favorite 2600 homebrew is Toyshop Trouble . Other 2600 games I suggest are Wall Jump Ninja , Fall Down , Space Rocks , Star Castle to name a few . 7800 games I suggest are Crystal Quest , Super Circus , Armor Attack ,Astro Blaster , T:ME Salvo , and FailSafe is a hidden gem . 5200 games I suggest Adventure 2 , Koffi , and Xari Arena . I tried to keep the list short :grin:

• Like 1

I also picked up Assembloids and wow is that a good game . My favorite 2600 homebrew is Toyshop Trouble . Other 2600 games I suggest are Wall Jump Ninja , Fall Down , Space Rocks , Star Castle to name a few . 7800 games I suggest are Crystal Quest , Super Circus , Armor Attack ,Astro Blaster , T:ME Salvo , and FailSafe is a hidden gem . 5200 games I suggest Adventure 2 , Koffi , and Xari Arena . I tried to keep the list short :grin:

Fall Down is on the very short list to get, along with Spies In The Night :0

Star Castle looks awesome.

I have Rebooteroids in the Jaguar so that takes the place of Space Rocks :9

Super Circus is a must, gotta get that.

Ive not looked into Toy Shop Trouble, will do so :0

Thanks

attachicon.gifOSHAEA_19970415.PNG

;)

I bought only one copy of each at the time. :mad:

Wow that takes me back. So it was 80 cents?? I remembered it is 88 cents for some reason & have been saying that forever. Musta been 1999 I ordered my 1st wave of 7800 games in my collection from them. I also remember seeing electric toothbrushes for sale on their home page :grin:

Believe me I feel your pain, still pissed at myself over it.

Edited by Stevaside

Wow that takes me back. So it was 80 cents?? I remembered it is 88 cents for some reason & have been saying that forever. Musta been 1999 I ordered my 1st wave of 7800 games in my collection from them. I also remember seeing electric toothbrushes for sale on their home page :grin:

Believe me I feel your pain, still pissed at myself over it.

November 28, 1999

;)

• Like 2

What a TRIP!!!

Wow man I was off by 8 cents :-D but I can still remember it like it was yesterday: their little logo...the toothbrushes...&the Mr Potato Head massagers lmao forgot about those at first

Even for it's time the prices seemed way too good to be true. Around 1997 or so I remembered seeing screenshots on I think AtariHQ.com of all these 7800 games I never knew of or had seen before & wished so bad to get another console & pick some of them up, but finding the games in the wild in my area was impossible, only 2600 showed up & a couple 5200, and from what I remember Ebay wasn't like it is now, or I just rly wasn't too knowlegeable about it anyway. My parents didn't even have internet at home then, just a couple free AOL dial-up trial periods hahaha Loose 2600 carts were mainly $1 a piece anywhere then, so NIB for even less was amazing

Once I stumbled on that site around 1999 I was like NOOOO WAAAAY! I can make this happen after all! & thus my 7800 collecting began..Fast forward to 2015, I made it to every original US release aside from Tank Command :woozy: One day.....one day.....lol

Edited by Stevaside
  • Like 1

Something interesting I noticed on that O'Sheas list. They list basketball for the 7800. They had to mean BasketBrawl right? And if they did, then getting that game for .80 NIB was a massive steal! I'm lucky to have the cart and manual loose and I do think the rarity on that game needs to be bumped up a few.

Nope NM I'm sure they actually mean One-on-One Basketball. I forget about that game...

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Something interesting I noticed on that O'Sheas list. They list basketball for the 7800. They had to mean BasketBrawl right? And if they did, then getting that game for .80 NIB was a massive steal! I'm lucky to have the cart and manual loose and I do think the rarity on that game needs to be bumped up a few.

Nope NM I'm sure they actually mean One-on-One Basketball. I forget about that game...

Yea I ordered One On One that very year, never got Basketbrawl until a couple years ago

One on One was one of the handful of 7800 games I had as a kid, and seeing the backboard breaking scene after weeks of playing it with my sister is one of my most memorable moments in gaming history lol

• Like 1

Plus today was mail day

And Im really backed up now on games :0

2qwzcs6.jpg

Beef Drop is awesome (I like Dungeon Stalker too). My orthodontist used to have a Burgertime machine and I have relived many a memory via Beef Drop. Also big ups to the starter tune (and I'm talking the VE version), which sounds better than it has any right to. Maybe a note off tops the arcade, if that.

• Like 2

Beef Drop is awesome (I like Dungeon Stalker too). My orthodontist used to have a Burgertime machine and I have relived many a memory via Beef Drop. Also big ups to the starter tune (and I'm talking the VE version), which sounds better than it has any right to. Maybe a note off tops the arcade, if that.

Played both BT and DS this morning in fact :0

BT and Food Fight are maybe my two favorites on the 7800 right.

Speaking of. arcade machines..when I was in my early teens my dad had 15 or so arcade machines he put in stores, bars etc. he would get half the take, the business it way at the other half. There was always 1-2 in the garage at the house as they were often moved from business to business to keep customers interested and playing new machines. Had my free reign on countless free plays in the garage on Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Defender etc.

After the business dried up on arcade machines he sold all but one, Centipede which ended up in my bedroom for years. After i left for the military he sold that one off. Good times :0

• Like 4

Just today ordered the "send-in-your-own POKEY" version. I'm quite looking forward to repurposing this sadly-underused chip in my possession. It deserves better than sitting forlornly in a beat up 130XE I have no emotional attachment to. :)

Just today ordered the "send-in-your-own POKEY" version. I'm quite looking forward to repurposing this sadly-underused chip in my possession. It deserves better than sitting forlornly in a beat up 130XE I have no emotional attachment to. :)

BBCQ is worth it if you like an Adventure Island type of platformer!

BBCQ is worth it if you like an Adventure Island type of platformer!

Actually, playing it a bit on MAME for the first time a few weeks ago, what it really reminded me of was the first time my college roomies and I played Super Mario Bros. on the NES we bought in 1989 or so.

• Like 1