IGNORED

TIPI: possibility to trigger load interrupt via software

retroclouds

I don't know much about software triggered interrupts or XOPs. I have and do spend time striving to get full and absolute cooperation from the -LOAD interrupt. I'm assuming you mean a TIPI sidecar, not PEB prototype. I don't think console port 13 is routed physically on the TIPI PCB. Perhaps it could be jumpered to another pin on the TIPI connector, such as -MBE or SBE(needs inversion). But that would be more like triggering the interrupt from the TI... probably not useful. I'm using a 9901 output port to gate(NAND) the NMI. Perhaps also irrelevant... Sounds like a JM42 question to me!!!

Can an interrupt service routine be written such that it checks for something in one of the TIPI registers or does a poll with some timed frequency, and if the trigger exists, the ISR then does its thing? One could use a counter that actually does the polling with whatever frequency was required.

I do not know enough about the TIPI to know limitations, yet. I'm not sure what would happen if you have a program running using the TIPI, then an ISR does a poll as well, etc.

Beery