IGNORED

ADTPro Serial Port Issue

DistantStar001

I'm trying to get ADTPro to connect to my //e via super serial card from my mac, but I haven't had any luck. I've tried using multiple computers, but my principle is a MacBook Pro, running Mac OS X v. 10.13. When I start ADTPro, and click the serial button, I get the error in the first image. When I go to configure the serial connection I get the options displayed in the second image (which is to say none). I've tried installing this on an older MacBook running 10.6, and I do get 4 options, but all of them have the word "bluetooth" in the identification, and none of them seem to do anything.

I've looked this up multiple times, and even followed the Install, and Read Me instructions in the rxtx file (dragging RXTXcomm.jar, and librxtxSerial.jnilib to /Library/Java/Extensions), and got nothing. In fact, when I did this on 10.6, I got the same errors as on 10.13.

What am I doing wrong?

post-63947-0-47431600-1532030839_thumb.png

post-63947-0-84121400-1532030854.png

Edited by DistantStar001

Don't use the app launcher - use the adtpro.command file instead. (And don't move the RXTX files around, either - you will want to undo whatever you did there.)

I'm making an assumption that 1) you have a USB-serial adapter plugged in to your Mac, and 2) it's got the correct driver installed so it's visible to the system.

Edited by david__schmidt

Your assumptions are correct, and I've removed the files, so everything's back where it was. However, while I can see the USB-serial adaptor in my system profiler, it's still not visible to ADTPro. My options appear to be /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incomming-Port, and /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incomming-Port.

Launching from ADTPro.command did help, I think, as I no longer get the first error message when I click the serial button.

I have another, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

USB-Serial Controller:

Product ID: 0x2008

Vendor ID: 0x0557 (ATEN International Co. Ltd.)

Version: 3.00

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc.

Location ID: 0x14200000 / 26

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 100

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Edited by DistantStar001

I don't see the Mac listed as a supported platform (i.e. for drivers) on Digi's documentation for the Edgeport set of products. Are you sure you've got drivers installed for either device you have plugged in? It's a separate step you have to explicitly do in the Mac world.

Edited by david__schmidt