IGNORED

Masterplay Clone and AtariGuy1021

Omega-TI

Now that I'm ready for a Masterplay Clone, I've not seen AtariGuy1021 around the board in a couple of weeks, nor have I seen a new one for sale on eBay. Day late & dollar short?

A couple weeks? Last word I heard from him was in February.

Happy to hear somebody is. The idea is that there seems to be no middle ground, good for most games options. It seems that you almost have to have several adapters, a couple of masterplays, and a few modded sticks to play the library. Plus, rebuilt factory controllers.

Edited by onemoretime

Happy to hear somebody is. The idea is that there seems to be no middle ground, good for most games options. It seems that you almost have to have several adapters, a couple of masterplays, and a few modded sticks to play the library. Plus, rebuilt factory controllers.

In part, I think that's because you can - since it has analog, digital and blended games.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266295-edladdin-5200-controller/

The world’s best retro arcade joystick maker is working on a 5200 solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh Nooooooooooooooo! left handed joysticks! :_(

They look nice, but this old dog cannot use a left handed stick to save his life. Buttons for the left hand, joystick for the right hand.

I need to do something like that, was it difficult? I hate the default top of this controller.

If you open the joystick case, maybe unscrew the small pcb, there is a screw holding the bulb on the joystick in place. You need to get a CX-22 repair kit from ebay - the white support and rubber boot. Then, measure how much of the top end of the support you need to fit the length of the rubber boot and cut the support to that length. Finally get a screw of the same width, but a little longer and screw the support on in place of the SMS bulb. Rescrew the pcb and case together and slide the boot over the support, which may take a little effort

Theres a video here where ave1 uses a 7800 joystick top on the SMS that is done about the same way, except with the 7800 stick instead of the 2600 stick..

Now that I'm ready for a Masterplay Clone, I've not seen AtariGuy1021 around the board in a couple of weeks, nor have I seen a new one for sale on eBay. Day late & dollar short?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/281017-5200-masterplay-clone-30-shipped-new/ Not what Atariguy1021 was selling, but a cheap enough way to get you there for now.

• Like 1

I bought two of his, and they look and work great.

Yeah from what I can tell they're top notch. I can't seem to play a decent game of Berzerk with the 5200 controller, so it's my primary reason for getting one. I'll plug my Wico Ball into it and should be fine. Of course I blame Airshack for re-igniting my 5200 interest.