IGNORED

anyone still make a good aftermarket 1200XL dust cover?

ACML

I've yet to see one for sale on ebay or elsewhere (I know the Atari dealers are out of stock on them, I tried to order), there are even custom made ones sold on ebay but none for the 1200XL so far, they won't even make them to order, only what they have actual machines to make a pattern with (read the description).

I was thinking the 800 version might be modifiable to work with the 1200XL, or maybe an original one for the 5200? Of course they say 800 or 5200...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-800-Dustcover-Custom-Made-NEW/263825773664?hash=item3d6d3dd460%3Ag%3ASpIAAOSwX0xbR~Fg&_sacat=0&_nkw=atari+dust+cover&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xatari+dust+cover.TRS5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-5200-Console-Cover-Dust-Protector-Original/283059861543?hash=item41e7aeb827%3Ag%3ANz8AAOSw945bHIHT&_sacat=0&_nkw=atari+dust+cover&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xatari+dust+cover.TRS5

Edited by Gunstar

You can PM the user SLOR on here, his wife can make covers in any fabric you choose, I have a really nice one in black leatherette,

http://orph.atarinet.com/gallery/main.php?cmd=setquality&var1=1&var2=imageview&var3=Atari+8bit%2FA8+Computers%2FAtari+1200xl+w-Leather+Cover.jpg

Ignore the fact that it looks lopsided, that's just the way the photo turned out.

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 4

Yes, my wife still makes them and has a number of repeat buyers. No, she's not this eBay person. :) Keep in mind the link above still has 2010-based pricing. Depending on the cost of materials, they might be a little bit more than noted, but at least you have a ballpark idea. She also may be able to make covers for unlisted items. Just depends on what it is, whether or not I own one, and/or how complicated the case is. If anyone else needs contact info, feel free to PM me and I'll give it to you.

thanks

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to show the XEGS dust cover that I purchased from Slor's wife's business. I like the embroidered Atari logo. To avoid further yellowing, I like the fact that the dust cover is opaque and keeps out the sun. I realize some people want a clear dust cover, but that is not what I wanted.

Bob C

post-40058-0-33332900-1538341572_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes, my wife still makes them and has a number of repeat buyers. No, she's not this eBay person. :) Keep in mind the link above still has 2010-based pricing. Depending on the cost of materials, they might be a little bit more than noted, but at least you have a ballpark idea. She also may be able to make covers for unlisted items. Just depends on what it is, whether or not I own one, and/or how complicated the case is. If anyone else needs contact info, feel free to PM me and I'll give it to you.

thanks

I am glad to hear it, this is the first I've heard/read of your wife's dust covers, I didn't care much for the ones sold on ebay, and the dealers are sold out for 1200XL covers at least, I checked. I was going to get my mom to sew one up, but shes not able to right now due to health and sewing machine still in storage. I'll be in touch in the next few weeks to order a 1200XL and eventually a couple 1050 drive covers and an Indus GT cover...I don't suppose you'd offer 1010 tape drive and 1020 printer covers would you? Maybe a 1025 printer too? :ponder: |:)

I am glad to hear it, this is the first I've heard/read of your wife's dust covers, I didn't care much for the ones sold on ebay, and the dealers are sold out for 1200XL covers at least, I checked. I was going to get my mom to sew one up, but shes not able to right now due to health and sewing machine still in storage. I'll be in touch in the next few weeks to order a 1200XL and eventually a couple 1050 drive covers and an Indus GT cover...I don't suppose you'd offer 1010 tape drive and 1020 printer covers would you? Maybe a 1025 printer too? :ponder: | :)

She'll make 'em for anything we have or can borrow. I at least have a 1010 lying around...

She'll make 'em for anything we have or can borrow. I at least have a 1010 lying around...

That will work, for both, she can just make one a couple inches longer than the other and that will make room for the "half-pipe" smoked plastic printer dome on the 1020, otherwise everything else is the same as the 1010. The 1025 printer is really just a standard dot-matrix printer size like the legacy Epsons, and whatnot, I will actually be using it for an obscure Panasonic dot-matrix printer, I have, but it's the same footprint, roughly, as an Epson or Atari 1025, maybe even the 825 or XMM301 or XMM801 too.

Edited by Gunstar