IGNORED

My favorite programs in .wav format

jrhodes

The attached zip file uncompresses to around 1GB, and consists of programs intended to be launched from TI-Basic and TI-Extended Basic.

Some of these .wav's were made before i got a 32K memory unit, and as such, they may be altered a bit.

For instance, since i do not use a disk system, i may have removed things like the ability to save scores to disk.

I think i remember removing a "level preview" feature in a game, where it would show you the levels in a cycle until you started the game.

This resulted in code that was barely able to be used on a TI without memory expansion, just minus that feature.

None of the actual gameplay/levels were cut from any game.

Data files holding character data/level data may have been incorporated into the main program in a few games.

They should all play like you expect them to.

Highlights of this collection include Cerberus, Jungle Hunt, and Pole Position.

favorite ti programs.zip

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So these games can be loaded via OLD CS1 from Basic or XB if the corresponding wav file is played through the cassette port? Even assembly language ones like Pole Position for example?

Yes.

Pole Position is using the CASS24K2 utility.

Pole Position and Jungle Hunt were originally found on the WHTECH FTP on disk, in INT/VAR format, so i converted them into 2 files with CASS24K2.

Cerberus was also from the WHTECH FTP, and was already in 2 program files.

Under the tree of folders, you have xb>32k>cass24k2> cass24k2.wav, [sub folder for each game needing CASS24K2]

If it is in the base folder, load it in Basic.

If it under the xb folder, it is a XB program that does not necessarily need 32k.

If its under the xb>32k folder, you need a 32k to run it (Makes use of CALL LOAD, or possibly just runs out of memory on non-expanded system)

If its under xb>32k>cass24k2, load cass24k2.wav under XB with 32k plugged in, then run it, then CALL LINK("OLDCS"), then load part 1, then part 2.

(if you have a disk system plugged in, you need to also do CALL FILES(1) after CASS24K2 has been run, BEFORE loading the two game files.)

For "jungler", you can skip loading the jungler intro.wav if you want.

For "kerbonk", i have it set up so that if you choose to view the instructions in game, it will want to load from tape again.

In this case, it is looking for kerbonk docs.wav and when the docs program is finished it will want to load kerbonk.wav again.

For the "royal game ur", you can choose not to load the bitmap splash screen.

If you do load the bitmap screen, at the end it will prompt to load from tape again and is looking for royal game of ur.wav

"Puzzler", although not included under the XB folder, will also work in XB and can use the speech synth if attached.

There are two versions of "The Maze Of Grog" included. The one in the base folder is the original version by Tesio Riccardo in 1984.

The version under xb>32k>cass24k2>maze of grog (xb) is the more well known, more popular version, by Ray Kazmer in 1989.

There are two versions of "Alphanum Delight", one which was intended for cassette under the xb folder,

and one under xb>32k>cass24k2>alphanum delight 32k which was intended to be the disk only version.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 2

While i can not promise "useful", the collection does include a XB program that attempts to turn the 32k unit into a mini ram-disk to store a loaded program temporarily,

a program to change the XB screen color outside of a running program,

and a tool to peek and poke values to VDP Ram in the console from XB.

Edited by jrhodes

• 1 year later...

Neat stuff! Bridges the gap between console-only and expanded systems. Sure to be useful to those who haven't popped the coins to add memory or move up to one of the several upgrade alternatives. I never saw the cass24K2 program back when my TI was cassette only in the mid-'80s but I sure made the most of what I had. That far back, there probably weren't many programs it could be used with. Like you, I trimmed and chopped larger programs so they would fit and still run, shortening variable names or whatever it took. If there was any room left, I'd put back in a little lipstick to make it suit me.

Thanks for sharing this!

-Ed

Edit: Hard to believe 16 Megs expands to almost a Gig!

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...