IGNORED

Latest pick-ups and items already in my collection

Crimson70

Have you tried using that 1027 printer yet? :? If not, let me know before you do, so I can duck to avoid the flying chunks of printer head! :-o Awesome collection though! I have an equivalent collection myself, though mine are all from the XL line.

Edited by Gunstar

Didn't even attempt hooking up the printer. Came on here and found out I just missed someone offering a 3d replacement for the letter wheel.

Don't feel bad, I had a 1027 sitting around for years not working because of a bad trace in the head's ribbon cable, and then when I went to fix it a couple years ago, the head started falling apart on me while I was working on it, just from that bit of movement and vibration, went to order a new print head from Best Electronics and he said they were all dry-rotted too,so I ended up putting it in a storage unit with a lot of other stuff,. Then the 3D-printed head comes along, so I was going to retrieve my belongings from storage, especially excited about digging my 1027 out of storage. 1000 mile round-trip to get my stuff only to find out my storage unit was robbed and emptied! Most of it was non-working stuff I intended to fix one day, but I lost a few gems in there too. But luckily all of my Atari 8-bit stuff was already with me, except that printer and a couple other non-working peripherals.

Edited by Gunstar

Picked up an Atari 400 and 130xe with loads of software this week. Tried getting it working allong with an 810 disk drive. However the coaxial cable is damaged so thinking about doing an a/v mod on it.

If the damaged coaxial cable you are referring to is the RF output for the 400 this can easily be replaced, it just plugs into an RCA jack on the power board.

If you do get around to modifying the video I recommend the UAV by Brian(composite + s-video), I don't believe there is room inside the 400 shield for the Sophia upgrade. The UAV only does video, but there was another mod for the audio as well.

UAV mod: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/260267-the-uav-rev-d-video-upgrade-thread/

400 audio:http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255424-atari-400-sound-mod-for-uav/

This post shows both installed to a 400 PCB.

Edited by BillC

Saw a listing on Craigslist for cirbside pickup, free to whoever. Everything still there except the piano. Most of it is junk, but there are one or two gems in here.

Angry wife dumping husband's collection while he's away? :P

Edited by slx

If you were about to say all kinds of stuff you threw out... I cry... and ask why not send them far and wide for shipping or safekeeping... wouldn't be the first time a collection of goods was held for someone and and sent back to them when they could handle having it again...

• Like 1

Deleted - people will cry.

I'm not sure what this was about, but it made me remember that I've had treasures thrown out as trash too, so sometimes one man's treasure just becomes trash, or at least a silver lining of it becoming another man's treasure. But it seems to balance in the long run as I received lots of treasures given to me by others too.

Edited by Gunstar

Update on the Atari 400 and 810: Retro-Brighted the 810 and lubricated everything it works great. The 400 on the other hand is being a bit more difficult. It powers on but the display is in black and white on channel 34. Its also only showing 13k of ram, so I'm wondering if there is a chip problem. Unfortunately I'm going to have to hit the pause button as I have too much going on to mess around too much.

Ch 36 is for a PAL machine RF output. NTSC should be channel 3 or 4... 34 sounds odd.. Maybe a PAL machine? Is there a channel select switch on the side? Not sure about a PAL 800, but NTSC 800 has one

13K is indeed what basic ?FRE(0) will show free for a 16K machine.