IGNORED

Opcode Update Request July 2018

Hi there! So here is an update, and I apologize that I am not answering individual posts:

1) I am super busy right now getting OMNI ready for RWX next week. However OMNI won't be out until later next year, so that takes me to

2) After RWX I will be going back to SGM and ColecoVision stuff. Plan is to deliver everything that have been in the pipeline for a shot and long while, including DK and SGM 5th run with a vengeance (wink wink). However one thing will have to wait, and that is

3) Prometheus was delayed until later next year per my agreement with CollectorVision, so we don't unnecessarily compete. Kudos to Brian for working hard on an agreement

4) Finally, for those waiting for Penguin fix, nameplates and assorted pending reply from us, please be patient as I will take care of everything two weeks from now, after RWX

• Like 4

2) After RWX I will be going back to SGM and ColecoVision stuff. Plan is to deliver everything that have been in the pipeline for a shot and long while, including DK and SGM 5th run with a vengeance (wink wink). However one thing will have to wait, and that is

Would you happen to know when that 5th run for the SGM will happen? Do you know how many there will be? And is there a way for me to pre-order it? And will the price be the same? $100?

And is it true that the SGM was going to be a SGM Pro before it was cancelled?

Would you happen to know when that 5th run for the SGM will happen? Do you know how many there will be? And is there a way for me to pre-order it? And will the price be the same? $100?

And is it true that the SGM was going to be a SGM Pro before it was cancelled?

We will announce preorders later this year. You will have all your answers by then. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it true that the SGM was going to be a SGM Pro before it was cancelled?

I am almost sure that SGM Pro was a nickname for the Prometheus project.

As I understand it was SGM Pro not a upcoming Super Game Module, it was a nickname for the Cartridge itself.

:)

Nope, there was indeed going to be an SGM Pro in the same form factor as the existing SGM. The SGM Pro would have brought the following features:

• Plays all standard SGM games!
  • Brings authentic arcade sounds home!
  • Allows for voice-enhanced games!

The Pro was to include the same game enhancing features as the SGM but would include 8 channels of sound including the ability to have digitised voice in games.

That said, my belief is that the SGM Pro morphed into, or was dropped in favour of, the Prometheus project.

Nope, there was indeed going to be an SGM Pro in the same form factor as the existing SGM. The SGM Pro would have brought the following features:

• Plays all standard SGM games!
  • Brings authentic arcade sounds home!
  • Allows for voice-enhanced games!

The Pro was to include the same game enhancing features as the SGM but would include 8 channels of sound including the ability to have digitised voice in games.

That said, my belief is that the SGM Pro morphed into, or was dropped in favour of, the Prometheus project.

Hopefully, that is something to look forward to in the Prometheus when it comes out: A ColecoVision with the SGM features plus the added sound and voice features of the SGM Pro plus maybe some extras.

I was hoping to get the SGM Pro cuz' I want to keep the original Colecovision and have that peripheral. If that's going to be cancelled, then I'll just stick with the current SGM

See Ikrananka's post above, it explains things perfectly.

To be clear: OPCODE created the Super Game Module (SGM) years ago as an add on to the ColecoVision.

The first wave/run was officially licensed by "Coleco", bears the Coleco logo on the box, on the SGM, and has the ColecoVision logo as well.

At some point there was a falling out with "Coleco" and the SGM, its box and documentation were re-branded to remove reference to "Coleco" and solely represent OPCODE (search the forums if you want to read up on it).

So the product is the same, its just doesn't reflect anything to do with Coleco.

The SGM Pro was never released to the general public, so you didn't miss out on it.

I guess we're hinted that they will have the SGM Pro on the 5th run. Guess we'll wait and see. So I'm staying on this thread until further notice.

There's no guarantees in life even when you consider someone who has and continues to deliver as Opcode has.

With that said, best to grab an SGM if it becomes available and at a price you deem reasonable.

• Like 1

I guess we're hinted that they will have the SGM Pro on the 5th run. Guess we'll wait and see. So I'm staying on this thread until further notice.

I'm not making that connection at all (Pro); more than likely he's referring to a much larger batch of SGM modules in the 5th run.

You got a link to where I can buy them?

Send Pixelboy a PM with your game interests and he will respond. Otherwise, visit his website at www.pixelboy.com and send him an email. Although, since AtariAge is helping him distribute some of his older games, he might not have as much available anymore.

This also holds true for CollectorVision... always best to send an inquiry PM (Retroillucid or coleco_master) or email thru their website.

• Like 1

Send Pixelboy a PM with your game interests and he will respond. Otherwise, visit his website at www.pixelboy.com and send him an email. Although, since AtariAge is helping him distribute some of his older games, he might not have as much available anymore.

This also holds true for CollectorVision... always best to send an inquiry PM (Retroillucid or coleco_master) or email thru their website.

That link you gave me turned into this site http://nbreslow.com/

Its okay, I found the correct site through his profile XD http://teampixelboy.com/

• Like 1

That link you gave me turned into this site http://nbreslow.com/

Its okay, I found the correct site through his profile XD http://teampixelboy.com/

You can't go wrong with SGM (or non-SGM) games from either of them; Opcode as well. DK Arcade & Pac-Man DX should be awesome, and hopefully they make it out the gate this year.

Ok, RWX is over now, and as promised it is time to give the ColecoVision some love.

So in my list are:

- Announce 2 games this week

- reply to a couple of people here about SGM, replacement and 2nd run

- Ship remaining nameplates 2 run

- Investigate Penguin Adventure

- send guys in Brazil some stuff so they can complete something cool

- Finish Donkey Kong

So let’s get started. :)

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10