IGNORED

Dungeon of Eternity - Rogue Like RPG

LS_Dracon

This is my new RPG game for Odyssey2 / Videopac

Originally my plans was to port Pedit5 (the first CRPG ever) but this game is too RAM consuming for O2 and the combat mechanics is almost non-existent.

So I come with my own thing, although the graphics are very close to Pedit5 ones (there are original monsters created by me BTW).

The maze is the same from Pedit5 because it's well designed and a very challenging place.

Well, as you can see, the game is very complete (I would say 85%). The objective of the game is collect more gold as you can, find treasure chests, kill abominable monsters and try to find the "Amulet of Eternity" which grands to you eternal life.

But it will not be easy, as deep you go inside the dungeon, the more difficult enemies will come.

The game features weapon and armor upgrades, and 3 types of spells to help your quest :

Fireball - Combat spell. Not effective on all enemies.

Heal - Increase the hero's HP. A rare spell.

Light - Defensive spell, it helps in combat by making you a bit stronger, also reveals more easily secret doors and gives you a bit of rest, making some difficult enemies to not appear. But the effect stands for 1 minute only.

The combat also features random critical hits for both, player and enemies and naturally, the enemies/chest position are totally random every time you play.

There are others features such one Beholder that roam the dungeon, and can find you even if you're not moving.

And one Final Boss (not working yet). He's the amulet holder.

Here's a gameplay Video :

Note the game is not finished yet. I'm currently working on sound effects so, they might change a bit in the final version.

Edited by LS_Dracon
  • Like 22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Game is finished.

I don't know about the cart production for now, some bad things happened.

Sadly, my games are being pirated in Brazil, that's why I not release the ROM for you test.

I don't care people playing my games for free, in an emulator (they're made for people play anyway).

But I do care a moron selling pirate carts and profiting from my work. These type of scumbags do not deserve any cent.

Even worse, they're selling a unfinished ROM I've posted, and the cart not even was released yet.

I'll stop here to not say anything worse.

• Like 2

Game is finished.

Sadly, my games are being pirated in Brazil, that's why I not release the ROM for you test.

I don't care people playing my games for free, in an emulator (they're made for people play anyway).

But I do care a moron selling pirate carts and profiting from my work. These type of scumbags do not deserve any cent.

Even worse, they're selling a unfinished ROM I've posted, and the cart not even was released yet.

:( awe man that sucks!! Sorry to hear about this :(

Thanks.

Does it use any keyboard function other than inputting your name at the beginning?

Just for name input. I think the controller was enough for play the game.

It's faster to press the controller button than press a key on keyboard. :)

The sound is using my new sound driver I created, and is very powerful for O2 standards.

• 2 months later...

Game is finished.

It truly blows my mind that people will actually pirate a niche product such as this. Programming the O2 is no easy feat and considering the what-must-now-be very small universe of physical O2/VP cartridge collectors that remain, how much do they really think they are going to make off of your hard work? I mean, counterfeiting $1 bills might be more profitable, although admittedly more risky.

So sorry that scumbags have to ruin it for everyone and especially for authors like you who are few and far between for this platform.

• Like 1

They dig internet trying to find most ROMs as they can, and stuff into one multicart, just to say there are more 200 or so games on it.

What really makes me sad is I aways put my ROMs online, because I appreciate the feedbacks and like I said, I don't mind people playing my games on emulator, as long they're enjoying my work.

Also beta testers help me to make the game better with suggestions and bug findings.

Now, everyone looses.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't means much for you guys, but Dungeon of Eternity was featured in a Brazilian videogame magazine Jogos80 this month.

Jogos80 is an early 80's videogame and computing related magazine.

Thanks to my friend and Odyssey2 programmer Rafael Cardoso, who wrote the article. He was one of the beta testers and followed the game programming since the beginning.

Thanks also for Marcus Garret and everyone from Jogos80 for publishing it. :)

post-10940-0-01534200-1545344441.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't means much for you guys, but Dungeon of Eternity was featured in a Brazilian videogame magazine Jogos80 this month.

Jogos80 is an early 80's videogame and computing related magazine.

Thanks to my friend and Odyssey2 programmer Rafael Cardoso, who wrote the article. He was one of the beta testers and followed the game programming since the beginning.

Thanks also for Marcus Garret and everyone from Jogos80 for publishing it. :)

That's awesome! Congrats on the magazine coverage! Can't wait to buy a copy :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...