IGNORED

200 HSC Season 11 Round 14 - Star Raiders

DamonicFury

Welcome to round fourteen of the 5200 HSC season 11! Star Raiders won the poll by a single vote, cast by yours truly to break the tie with Meteorites.

Use Warrior difficulty. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Warrior difficulty hasnt been used in this HSC before, so the player who achieves the highest rank will set a new record

Round ends Sunday, August 5th, 2018 @9pm EST

A link to the ROM and manual can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=664

Standings:

Mr Trust - Ensign Class 1

Bemis - Novice Class 5

Northcoastgamer- Galactic Cook Class 5

NIKON- Galactic Cook Class 5

I am having trouble with my kat5200 emulator with Star Raiders....controls all act wierded out...map only flashed on the screen...shields go on and off with one press of the shields button....once out of every 20 starts some of the controls act right..soooo I am going to sit this one out.

Edit: note all my other games work perfectly on the kat5200

Edited by NIKON

I am having trouble with my kat5200 emulator with Star Raiders....controls all act wierded out...map only flashed on the screen...shields go on and off with one press of the shields button....once out of every 20 starts some of the controls act right..soooo I am going to sit this one out.

Edit: note all my other games work perfectly on the kat5200

Please feel free to use the 400/800 version instead if you like. It probably emulates a bit easier since it doesn't use analog controls as the 5200 version does. http://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=2474

:( Sorry this round was frustrating! I'm open to bumping the difficulty down to Pilot if people would enjoy that more, especially as no one has submitted a score so far. Any thoughts?

after playing many many rounds of Star Raiders and never ranking beyond Galactic Cook class 5...I am throwing in the towel on this round. sorry.

Star Raiders - Warrior / Novice Class 5

Sorry - I didn't see the note about trying it at a different difficulty. I am good with that or trying at again at a different level in the future.

No, you're good. I had offered to lower the difficulty level if there was any interest, but since there were no takers, we stayed with Warrior.