IGNORED

In Pursuit of the Pink Panther Rom?

classicgamer74

• 8 months later...

I have tried with mine. I would need to send it through the mail (which I won't do) or a plane trip to get a guy to accomplish the task.  Another option is to have the computer cartridge reader sent through the mail to me for a day or two so data can be obtained. I see that to be the best option... Just need someone to be willing to send it to me.  Tried to get that accomplished two years ago... and was told to wait. I'm willing, but it all depends on the person who owns the equipment. 

Edited by ave1
  • Like 2

This is a really dumb thought... but is there a chance you could just dump it with a Retron77?  Would that work?  I mean, you could either keep it, return it, or whatever...

No. The Retron 77 doesn’t actually save ROMs from carts. It loads then in to the emulator to play and then they are gone when it is powered off. Also the special hardware or additional chip(s) that is game uses probably won’t even play on a Retron. If this thing ends up getting dumped Stella is gonna need an update to even play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, groundtrooper said:

No. The Retron 77 doesn’t actually save ROMs from carts. It loads then in to the emulator to play and then they are gone when it is powered off. Also the special hardware or additional chip(s) that is game uses probably won’t even play on a Retron. If this thing ends up getting dumped Stella is gonna need an update to even play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn.  Well, I said it was dumb.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Supergun said:

I’ll tell you one thing, in all my years of collecting, I’ve never seen this many carts of an unreleased game coincidentally found by people over & over again. But of course, it’s just a coincidence, so don’t read too much into it.

It isn't actually that surprising, because of the custom chip.

Per my webpage:

Port of the Colecovision game of the same name.  Tarzan was developed by Wickstead Design (the same team behind the unreleased 2600 Pink Panther game).  The game finished, but was unreleased due to it requiring a special chip for extra memory.  A prototype of the game may exist with one of the programmers.  An in-game screenshot, picture of the box, and a manual all exist.

There are 20 copies for sale in the marketplace right now for $75 shipped each. I'm guessing those came back around due to the fact that the binary could very well be released to the masses if all goes well with dutchman's copies getting dumped.

• Like 1