IGNORED

In Pursuit of the Pink Panther Rom?

classicgamer74

5 hours ago, hizzy said:

Is anyone buying the repro in Marketplace or are you waiting on the ROM dump? :)

Part of me thinks those carts are being offered right now do to the fact that others with the potential means to dump it and give it to the public have surfaced.  It would be one hell of a coincidence if it's not this way. Come on, I mean Dutchy pulls a couple more copies out of the Chitown basement, says he's gonna get it dumped and then all of a sudden 20 copies come up for sale? Hell of a coinkydink dontcha think?

Of course. The coincidence scenario fits like a glove. But, in these situations, paranoia also sometimes fits even better, and the reverse April fools reveal always trumps the regular April fools trick.

After-all, what better way to get the game released then by forcing it through the use of deception?

16 hours ago, Dutchman2000 said:

I'm waiting for the special equipment to arrive so I can dump the ROM.  This is NOT a hoax people.  There are a few other games I plan on releasing as well. 

I believe you in this, I really do and I truly hope you are successful in your endeavours.  I was lucky enough to play the game and unlike the majority of (at the time) unreleased game it is actually fun to play.  For the rest of the enthusiasts out there I truly hope that they too will at last be able to see for themselves how the legend plays.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxsolo2000 said:

I believe you in this, I really do and I truly hope you are successful in your endeavours.  I was lucky enough to play the game and unlike the majority of (at the time) unreleased game it is actually fun to play.  For the rest of the enthusiasts out there I truly hope that they too will at last be able to see for themselves how the legend plays.

He's right. It is a great game. It does live up to the hype.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, overgrouth said:

Any pictures of this game runni g on a real Atari VCS

Since there's no ROM image in circulation, the game has only ever been played "on a real Atari VCS".  Do a Google search and you'll find pics and video all over the web.  Here's a full review that includes gameplay footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV-t60elPUg

Who currently owns the Pink Panther IP? I vaguely recall having seen it used in a TV commercial fairly recently -- presumably for insulation.

If the owner is still actively monetizing it, they may react badly to the release of the game. 

I assume that creating reproduction cartridges would be cost-prohibitive because of the "special" hardware required. 

17 hours ago, Dutchman2000 said:

Yes, the ROM dumper did not work.  I’m working on other ways to do this.  This customized chip makes it very difficult to dump properly. 

Once again just wanted to say thank you for your efforts, they are truly appreciated.  As to those still waiting let me assure you it WILL be worth the wait.  Just exercise some patience and let the master do his work.

17 hours ago, Dutchman2000 said:

Yes, the ROM dumper did not work.  I’m working on other ways to do this.  This customized chip makes it very difficult to dump properly. 

I have no clue about the problems you might face, but would dumping on a SaveKey work?

You need a SaveKey in the right port. Via e.g. Harmony cart, you load a ROM which places the dumping code (tailored to the bankswitching) into RAM. Then you hot swap the cart with the cart to be dumped and then press fire. This writes the contents of the cart onto the SaveKey. 

Then you only need a way to load the SaveKey content onto your computer, e.g. via 2600-dapter.

Of course the dumping code needs to know how to trigger the bank switching hot spots.