IGNORED

Edward Smith's games

easmith

I intended to make a few games that would feel like games that could have been around in 1981. Those are the games I will always be fondest of. I hope a few folks have gotten some enjoyment out of these simple games.

All were programmed with Assembly .

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%202600.html.

Bask2-COLLAGE.jpg.9e703fd0bbb59a32161e767f22def8a0.jpg

RB-COLLAGE.jpg

ESmith2600.zip

1v1_Basketball_Beach_Portable.bin

BackYard Football.txt

BackYardFootballCART.bin

KungFuCombat2.bin

KFC manual.pdf

ProTennis2.0-10-4-21.bin

DarkKeep042622_RC2_NTSC.bin

Dark_Keep_Manual_online_version.pdf

StrikeZoneRELEASE_NTSC.bin

Edited by easmith
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Thought I would post the final versions and instructions sheets for the 3 games I have made this year in one place. Out of ideas at this point and have to get back to work soon :(.

Also, I have included the version of Pickle with the puzzle/contest. Maybe someone will solve it. Only part could be figured out with disassembly , and solution must be explained as if this did not exist . I also changed the default game mode after feedback from ZeroPage Homebrew Video Gaming.

I intended to make a few games that would feel like games that could have been around in 1981. Those are the games I will always be fondest of. I hope a few folks have gotten some enjoyment out of these simple games.

All were programmed with Assembly . I will eventually release the source code but they are a mess in current state.

Thanks so much to the Atari Age community everyone is awesome and very supportive ! Cheers.

Edward (Tony) Smith.

Alien Attack and Pickle are for sale at

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%202600.html.

attachicon.gifAAlabel.jpg

attachicon.gifPICKmain.jpg

attachicon.gifAR.jpg

Awesome collection of games this year Edward!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nearly finished here. Fixed pretty much all bugs and cleaned up scanline count. Added button-press reset after game over.

Difficulty A is 25 seconds and 7 hits and 1 shield. difficulty B is 40 seconds, 10 hits and 2 shields.

Move joystick to fire in 8 directions. Can shoot enemy missiles. Speeds up at later waves . Win by surviving 99 waves .

video below is not that great ( doesn't handle flicker well , in that the player laser is easier to track in Stella or CRT TV than it appears in this video) , but it gives an idea. Simple game , but it plays pretty well I think.

Edited by easmith
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A few more updates to Alien Revenge ( in initial posting):

1. Added sound effect when you shoot enemy missiles

2. Laser no longer goes through enemy missiles . This makes game a bit more challenging, especially on skill level A

3. Enemy movement direction changes during wave

4. Play area goes all white upon death

5. Play area goes rainbow upon defeating wave 99

6. Cleaned up a few more little bugs

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, devwebcl said:

Is running the baseball puzzle contest yet?

This was a huge flop ( understandably now ) , so I dropped it  a while back due to lack of interest.    I have a Sega Genesis that I was trying to give away ( still am ).  .

It was part of Pickle, one of my early attempts at an assembly  2600 game.  You have to use the manual ( just one page) to figure out clues and manipulate the game to find and  solve a riddle . But still never been solved !   

I am kind of embarrassed by the quality of that game now.       I took it down from this thread .  I was actually thinking of polishing that game up a bit now that I have learned more .  So maybe I will put it up again down the road. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I dusted off my old game Alien Revenge now that I have gained more experience.   The game had some graphical glitches, specifically the game was jittery.

I have fixed this and made a few other changes .  

It is posted with the others in the initial post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Is HotBox a new graphics upgrade to Pickle?

Yes. With a few other changes to gameplay . Such as “turbo “ running wie the risk of falling down . 

you were very close to finding the riddle clue ........ 

• Like 1

1 vs 1 Baseball, 1vs1 Pro Tennis, and Root Beer Pong are now available for purchase ,

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari 2600.html.

I can enjoy having the 2600 sports crown for a few months before Champ Sports takes over :) .  

(Don't get me wrong-----  I will definitely be buying  Champ Sports Baseball  !) 

Edited by easmith
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Been meaning to post some videos for some time of gameplay of some of these games for those who have not seen them .

I do not have the ability to capture any videos for games that use flicker  :( .

1 vs 1 Basketball  ( Beach court) thanks to K. Mosley for Beach graphics hack 

1vs 1 Baseball 

Pro Golf Desert Classic 

Pro Bowling 

• Like 5