IGNORED

New Products at SHIFT838 Store

Shift838

• 2 weeks later...

Do they sell a TI to PS2 or USB device so we can use USB or PS2 keyboards for TI?

I am putting my TI into a G5 Case and need one.

Thanks.

Power Mac G5 or iMac G5 case? Would be cool in the iMac G5 case with F18A powering the LCD. I'm guessing Power Mac case since you're probably putting the PEB guts inside too?

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1

Yea as grandkids and Daughter plus my wife moved to Idaho is now back and that put entire TI in a G5 PowerMac project got stuffed in attic.

Yea I know I have a weird set of relationships, and no room in house as I got moved to dining room out of my computer room that is now my daughters room.

Grandkids are in old Daughters room.

I mean really I have no space left for much of anything, totally stuck with Emulation for TI now.

Also my Intel Mac Pro died so now down to a laptop and a HP desktop.

Have to get by on just these.

Edited by RXB

Hey RXB,

Funny thing: I recently acquired the sidecars: memory expansion, rs232, disk controller. My system is on a big drafting desk and honestly, I find the sidecars much less intrusive than the PEB. The sidecars are also MUCH lighter than the PEB. I hooked things up just for kicks and decided to put my PEB (and RS-232 sidecar) in the closet. Never liked my monitor way atop that thing since I have a standing desk arrangement. Also, no firehouse kludge-cable to muck things up.

That damn cable...

Different strokes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 3

FreHD is good, so is the MISE.

Frehd:

Pros: cheaper, hd emulation

Cons: less featured, no tcpip or joystick or vga, has trouble with newer sd cards

MISE:

Pros: more featured can telnet from your trs80 to bbs's etc.. run ftp server, hd emulation

Cons: price

Gotek:

Pros: floppy disk emulation, price

Cons: no hd emulation or other features

Personally I went with all of the above.. I have a Frehd on my model 1, model 3 and my model 4p, a gotek on the 3 also.. and a m3se on my model 4..

• Like 4

Hi Shift838, finally might get a chance to hook up my GBSVGA GENIE AVPC rig on my SNUG system this weekend. It's been a while since I got these parts and I've forgotten if there was a site setup with the doc for hooking this up? Were docs shipped with the parts or is there a .pdf or doc site? Thanks.

I know it's heresy, but I can't help but find that Apple II design just beautiful in its simplicity. Which is why I keep one :)

The Apple ][ removable Velcro lid is brilliant. It’s especially great considering it’s on a first-gen system. Jobs does deserve credit here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

new 3D printed drive Bay fr the IDE2SD adapter board to fit into a 3.5 drive Bay.  fits nicely into a 3.5 to 5.25 Bay adapter and then in a PEB as 1/2 height 5.25 drive.  looks great.  I printed one in black today for a customer and this is how it turned out.

IDE2SD 3D Dive Bay HERE

IDE2SD Adapter board not included.

IMG-1814.jpg

IMG-1816.jpg

IMG-1817.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

I have posted the SCART Genie Passive assembled and PCB only versions on my store for the Geneve users.

PCB Only:

https://shift838.fwscart.com/SG9640PassivePCB/p5569983_20878778.aspx

Assembled:

https://shift838.fwscart.com/SG9640Passive/p5569983_20878795.aspx

Also the LM1881 based SCART Genie V2 with better power regulation is up as well:

https://shift838.fwscart.com/SCART-Genie_9640_V2/p5569983_18571176.aspx

SG9640-Pv1.png

SGPassive.jpg

IMG-1872.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

I sold out of the Raspberry Pi Smart shutdown within 24 hours.  I just got more parts in.  added more to the store.

Chris,

I know at this point you are providing this as a service to the TI community, however, this could be with a little promotion in some of the PI groups elsewhere, see a significant volume of sales.  Just saying in the event you want to build a 1000 or so <grin> or possibly just offer the parts/board to build one.

Beery

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 9640News said:

Chris,

I know at this point you are providing this as a service to the TI community, however, this could be with a little promotion in some of the PI groups elsewhere, see a significant volume of sales.  Just saying in the event you want to build a 1000 or so <grin> or possibly just offer the parts/board to build one.

Beery

yup.  I thought about it last night and requested to join some other PI facebook groups and stuff.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...