IGNORED

Nice game lot on ShopGoodwill

Price have gone up a lot. Some years ago I picked up a lot with about 25 CIB games and a Sears Arcade console with 2 working controller and a boxed spare for only $20. The best game was a CIB Sears Backgammon that I sold on eBay a few years ago along with other duplicates.

I've purchased about over two dozen lots from shopgoodwill over the past two months. None has been shipped in a box too small, and most have been shipped in new, sturdy boxes that are oversized with plenty of packing material. If the last two dozen parcels are any indication, the site packs better than 95% of eBay sellers. Also, you know exactly how much shipping will be before you bid. It does not change from the estimate.

I've purchased about over two dozen lots from shopgoodwill over the past two months. None has been shipped in a box too small, and most have been shipped in new, sturdy boxes that are oversized with plenty of packing material. If the last two dozen parcels are any indication, the site packs better than 95% of eBay sellers. Also, you know exactly how much shipping will be before you bid. It does not change from the estimate.

That's good to hear. Sounds like they are upping their game. Maybe it's time for me to start watching those auctions s bit closer.

This has been my experience as well. I've received quite a few items over the last two years from goodwill auctions and they honestly ship the items like they were meant for HALO drops. The most recent I won was two Genesis model 1s I was wanting for parts and while they weren't the most clean, they were each wrapped in their own bubble wrap, then the two taped and wrapped together into one and then put into a larger box with plenty of packing material around them. As I said, they would have survived a drop from the top of a 10 story building I think.

• Like 1

Each Goodwill is a little different in how it packs, materials used, etc. I've probably purchased from about eight different Goodwills that participate in shopgoodwill. For packing material, some use great bubble wrap and peanuts, others use kraft paper (for non-fragile items already boxed), some use this weird waffle fry-looking cardboard. I would rate all as at least "good" and about half as "excellent" for quality of packing. And they must get subsidized shipping rates from Fed Ex. I ship a lot on eBay, and I don't see how they can send an 15# 18x18x18 box for $12. Of course, some Goodwills do charge a lot for shipping, but you know that going in. For instance, the Seattle Goodwill is very expensive for me because it uses Priority Mail instead of Fed Ex.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that so many Intellivision owners kept the boxes, vs. 2600 owners?

Many Intellivision games came with the controller overlays as well as the game and manual ... the boxes were a convenient storage area for all the accessories that came with the game.

For the first few years Mattel Intellivision cartridges came in gatefold boxes. These boxes were highly reusable for storing cartridge/instructions/overlays. I think Atari used gatefold boxes very briefly. Most Atari cartridge boxes were flip-top style and not convenient at all to access the cartridge or instructions.