IGNORED

Thanks and appreciation thread

Bmack36

I would like to take this time to thank all of the people here who contribute to this great community. Whether you are a developer, gamer, or just enjoy the experience here.

If you would like to say something nice or supportive, here is the place to do it.

I'll start off by giving my thanks and appreciation to digress. He has made several new original IP games for the colecovision that are not only fun, but technologically impressive. If you haven't gotten any of his games yet you really should (Tank Mission, Boot hill, Mr. Turtle, and soon to be Barbarian).

• Like 4

I'd like to thank all the people who have given me answers to questions I've posted and posted gameplay videos of homebrews and/or ROMs to give us a good preview of what to expect from the games we're interested in buying or, in the case of rare prototypes, just to see what they are like.

• Like 3

I'd like to thank Eric Bromley for pushing the Greenbergs so hard back in the early 80s to finally enter the videogame market with a system that we all know and love as the ColecoVision. Without Eric's efforts, the CV wouldn't have been released and we wouldn't have this great community here on AtariAge.

• Like 5

I would like to thank Ed Kelly at Edladdin controllers for his beautifully built Colecovision Arcade controllers. Very nice products and I absolutely love mine. Also I would like to thank everyone here that has contributed feedback in my threads and have been supportive on my products and console rebuilds/upgrades.

• Like 3

I would like to thanks RetroIllucid to have created CollectorVision , an give me the opportunity to publish my first game for the colecovision 10 years ago : Ghost'nZombie.

And also the Father of the Coleco Homebrew Scene ... Daniel Bienvenu , we won't have so much game today without him.

And also the developers that code games for the console : Bfg, Kiwi , Digress , ElectricAdventure , NewColeco , AlekMaul , Nanochess , MysteryMan , Nicam and <...add your name here, if i have forgotten you....> . :) and their publishers.

And also, Yurkie, for its wonderful Joysticks modification!!!

And of course, all you, guys who love the colecovision!

Edited by youki
  • Like 6

I appreciate all the support from people who purchase homebrew games or support any of the hardware developed. More than anything just being able to come on here and chat about the system, when you got it, what was your favourite game stuff like that.

All the box scans, and literature scans and archiving of this by NIAD and colecoboxart and others. I spent so much time looking at ads in the sears catalogue. You couldn't buy most of this in newfoundland it was all mail order.sears was amazon before there was amazon. ...Side note...stupid Sears! That could have been you!

Rey made some top motch adam power supplies which allowed me to have the adam setup more permanently.

Bmack and collectorvision are developing a real nice new colecovision compatible system which supports everything I need.

Opcode is developing an interesting system . I'm interested in getting both. The SGM is very cool and professional.

Nanochess has been very helpful with tips and with the CoolCv emulator which has been my default emulator ever since.

Kiwi has been very helpful with programming tips and games he has added.

Harvey Dekline is the Electronics brains behind many of the homebrew carts you all have in you homes.

Collectorvision having a real pro website where you can go and browse and pick up some carts you missed . It's nice that there is a regular store available to purchase items.

Team Pixelboy for having a list of games he wanted to make, then ...he had them made and are sitting on my shelf. Really good stuff.

Daniel Bienvenue has been very helpful and was the original person who helped with the devkit, feedback and initial homebrew scene.

Mostly, when the wife turns on entertainment tonight or one of those brain dead shows I'm glad I can come here and talk about something actually interesting instead.

...lastly I'm glad for all the fights. It's very entertaining. Lets face it it makes coming here more fun sometimes.

Edited by digress
  • Like 4

Greetings all,

I have been passively reading the forums for support here for some years now and this topic merits a response. I wanted a Colecovision around the mid 80's right when the system was discontinued so unfortunately I didn't get the experience it then ( except a few glimpses at my friends house back in the day). I got the system 4 years ago and have been collecting original releases and homebrews ever since. So it's like discovering a new Console again...

So cheers to Atariage, Collectorvision, Opcode, Teampixelboy and all the programmers/ hardware developers. The games and hardware just blow me away- new cartridge molds, professionally made boxes / manuals-, games that play like back in the day but better. F-ing amazing. I can go on and on... So the appreciation is there for sure and it will just continue grow. You guys are saviors of the Colecovision!

Looking forward to Opcode and Collectorvision releasing consoles and will buy them in heartbeat as usual. Thanks to Bmack36 for the f18a system, now I am truly spoiled with a perfect screen.

Thanks again to all here!

• Like 2

I'd also like to thank everyone who contributes to the Colecovision community and keeps support for the system going after all this time.

Especially thank you to all of the home brew developers, especially the ones that make the effort to craft games from scratch, and make the console do things previously thought not possible.

Sorry I have been offline for a while, just been surviving, we have not had a good ride of late, but know that things have improved, so expect updates on my numerous titles under development soon.

• Like 3

I'd also like to thank everyone who contributes to the Colecovision community and keeps support for the system going after all this time.

Especially thank you to all of the home brew developers, especially the ones that make the effort to craft games from scratch, and make the console do things previously thought not possible.

Sorry I have been offline for a while, just been surviving, we have not had a good ride of late, but know that things have improved, so expect updates on my numerous titles under development soon.

Thanks to Electric Adventures for your informative Let's Make A Retro Game series.

• Like 2

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped keep the colecovision alive and well.

1 Ed, Grazi, all at Opcode. The SGM is great,

2. All at Collectorvision

3. Teampixelboy.

4. The awesome Colecovisions Podcast.

5.. Brian @ Colecovision upgrade and sales.... Thank you so much for the video and showing me how to do my 1st repair. Your work on my system (The F18a upgrade, Pause switch and controller repair was awesome)

6. Arcade vision. Risky Rick is amazing.

7. Good Deal Games.

I play my CV more now than ever and I am looking forward to both Opcode and Collectorvision's new systems.

Thanks to everyone for making the CV the greatest Console of all time.

• Like 2