IGNORED

someone school me on Battlezone controller options for 2600

ComputerSpaceFan

I'm wanting to get Thomas Jentzsch's dual stick Battlezone hack but I'm trying to find a way to house my two sticks. There was a thread a decade and a half ago but nothing came of it so now I'm asking around.

Looks like a Stick Stand might be a solution but a bit cumbersome for my lap.

il_340x270.1472907267_7hwq.jpg

Or if I want to go crazy there's this monstrosity.

fullFront3.jpg

I guess I could try to saw a bit of wood and make a dual version of a Stick Station but I don't have any tools.

post-43-1219453576.jpg

So I'm asking you fine folks to brief me on non-crazy and affordable options that might exist.

Stick some pieces of Velcro™ to the bottom of the joysticks, then stick the other side of the velcro to a small scrap of wood. You can find small pieces of wood at the hardware store. Even a small shelf will do.

Just be sure to put more than one piece of Velcro™ brand hook and loop fastener on each joystick so they don't rock. Maybe a 1" square in each corner.

Put the soft side of the Velcro® on the joystick, so when you pull them off to use separately, they aren't scratchy.

Industrial Velcro© (available at hardware stores) will hold very well, but it's much harder to pull apart.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...