IGNORED

Atari/Sinclair/Timex 'collection'

danwinslow

Hi Folks.

So, as I continue to divest my 8-bit stuff, I find I have a large amount of stuff that probably isn't worth the effort selling on Ebay, but I hate to throw away as trash. I took a shot at this a while back, but I stalled out. This time I'd like to just list by general content the stuff, and ask if anyone might be interested in paying postage and getting it otherwise free. Stuff like:

1. I have about 25 mixed 800xl/1200xl's, and about 10 or so 130xe's - I think some work but some may not and if they do work all have some problem like bad RAM, bad display, bad keyboard, etc. The case conditions are mostly fairly good, some are kind of dusty. The XL's are so heavy it's expensive to mail, I bet I am looking at about 100 pounds worth in total. I don't really feel like cleaning them and mailing them out one by one, so if someone wants a bulk lot of them for local pickup let me know. I'm in Omaha Nebraska. I am willing to bulk mail but like I said it'll be expensive.

2. I have a giant box full of Sinclair/Timex stuff, 4-5 TS1000's, a couple 2068's, a couple zx80's, a printer, a bunch of different memory packs from 16-64k, memotech keyboards, weird boards I have no idea about, etc. Also up for free local pickup or mail with postage paid.

Or, if you'd be interested in taking the whole Atari and/or Sinclair piles, just let me know and I'll get a weight and a shipping estimate. Still free, just pay shipping.

3. I have about 6 1050's and an 810 or two and an Indus. No SIO cables, but the drives look good and work as far as I know. Also free bulk pickup or if you want to get it mailed bulk let me know.

4. 50 or so mixed Atari cartridges, no rares as far as I know, also free for pickup or mail if postage paid.

If you are interested in one of the options, let me know and I will give you exact item counts and give you a postage amount.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 1

PM Respondents so far, in order of contact:

#1 Nir Dary - claimed carts, so they are gone

#2 Brentarian - the whole thing

#3 _The Doctor_ - whatever he can

#4 eebuckeye - wants a single working 1200. Not doing that yet and these all do not work in some fashion.

#5 Brenski - 1200's and 1050's

I want to make sure everyone understands the consoles all don't work in some way. The drives I don't know about. Right now I am going to get Brentarian a total weight, I'll post it here.

The carts are gone. The rest I will weigh out over the next week (sorry, I'm busy) and will post here. I'll do it by system type.

Things that are left will be offered to the next folks down the list unttil it's all gone or people don't want it.

Thanks. You can still PM, I'll keep track of it and post it here, but it's not likely much will be left.

OK, - counts -

7 1200's all in varying stages of working. None work completely, some may be dead - most common issue is keyboard.

3 800's - unknown if they work or not, but they came from the 'something's wrong' pile

7 1050's

1 Rana (not indus, that was a mistake)

1 810

No 130's after all - was wrong about that

1 600 - found that at the bottom

Weights -

1200's are around 6 pounds, 800's are 4 pounds, the drives are like 3 pounds each. So everything would be 7*6+3*4+9*3=81 pounds..lets say its about 90 pounds to be on the safe side, I'm using a bathroom scale.

A quick check of USPS indicate it would be around 155 dollars to the east coast, so lets say about 175 to go anywhere US for the whole lot.

The sinclair pile weighs around 50 pounds.

And also, I'm looking for people who want to get all or most of these in one transaction, I don't want to worry about who gets what and if it's broken or not. All 1200's, all 1200's+800s, all disks, that kind of thing.

The list is now:

#2 Brentarian - the whole thing Citing potential spouse aggro, he now wants all 1200's - maybe some leftover 800's.

#4 eebuckeye - wants a single working 1200. Not doing that yet and these all do not work in some fashion.

#6 Clauseb - wants the sinclair pile.

#7 Remo - wants a 1050. Not doing that yet.

Edited by danwinslow

The list is now:

#2 Brentarian - the whole thing Citing potential spouse aggro, he now wants all 1200's - maybe some leftover 800's.

#6 Clauseb - wants the sinclair pile.

#7 Remo - wants a 1050. Not doing that yet.

#8 Kheller2 - wants the entire atari pile.

#9 Keneg - wants some of the drives. Not doing that yet.

I was hoping to get one of the 1200's to make its way to Europe (really hard to get here), but I saw this post too late. Any of the "entire pile" or "all 1200's" people willing to ship one over to The Netherlands for postage and packaging costs? Perhaps to recoup some of your own shipping costs? ;)

Edited by ivop

I was hoping to get one of the 1200's to make its way to Europe (really hard to get here), but I saw this post too late. Any of the "entire pile" or "all 1200's" people willing to ship one over to The Netherlands for postage and packaging costs? Perhaps to recoup some of your own shipping costs? ;)

I have a 1200XL with "sticky keys" that I'll let go of if the price is right :)

I have a 1200XL with "sticky keys" that I'll let go of if the price is right :)

I appreciate the offer, but I guess this means right price for the computer plus postage and packaging. That's something I cannot afford. The idea was getting one 1200 from Dan for just P&P (or S&H :)), but I was too late with my response. The plan was to pass it on to other Europeans, in order of closeness/friendship and not already in possession of a 1200. Think SenorRossie, Mr. Atari, et cetera... I already have one myself, which I got under the same conditions a few years ago from Bob1200XL for which I am eternally grateful!!

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

I appreciate the offer, but I guess this means right price for the computer plus postage and packaging. That's something I cannot afford. The idea was getting one 1200 from Dan for just P&P (or S&H :)), but I was too late with my response. The plan was to pass it on to other Europeans, in order of closeness/friendship and not already in possession of a 1200. Think SenorRossie, Mr. Atari, et cetera... I already have one myself, which I got under the same conditions a few years ago from Bob1200XL for which I am eternally grateful!!

Understand on the "cannot afford", I'm broke too :) Hence the reason to sell some stuff.

I'll post a mesg in the marketplace soon for the 1200, PRC, Incognito? and more carts...

• 3 weeks later...

It is with great sadness that I must announce the possible loss of the following Atari systems to the world:

3 800s

1 1050

1 RANA

1 810

The USPostOffice's technical tracking and package management is something that has long driven me crazy. I will endeavor to make them wish they had higher standards until they find what they themselves mysteriously lost track of.

So sad.

It is with great sadness that I must announce the possible loss of the following Atari systems to the world:

3 800s

1 1050

1 RANA

1 810

The USPostOffice's technical tracking and package management is something that has long driven me crazy. I will endeavor to make them wish they had higher standards until they find what they themselves mysteriously lost track of.

So sad.

i'd say that they're definitely "not gone" - just yet. disappearing off a computerised tracking system is easy - all that needs to happen is part of the barcode to be damaged.

don't write this off until long enough has passed for them to be beyond hope.

fingers crossed - it could all still be well

I haven't heard or seen anything myself, I sure hope they are able to locate your shipment. If you stay on top of it they may sort it out after about 2 or so weeks.As far as USPS- I've already called the post master general over such things.... they found it, said it bounced/fell off the sorting conveyor system (3 weeks til found, 1 week for delivery after that, they couldn't even express ship it after finding it!). Thing were good for a time... then UPS mucked up.... :) less success but that's another story...

Edited by _The Doctor__

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, however misplaced I believe it to be. ;)

I knew deep down this package was lost when it didn't show up at the post office within 12 hours of leaving the local distribution center (5 days ago).

I wonder if I could crowdsource everyone opening up lost mail cases with USPS with my tracking number.

HAH.

Miracle of Miracles...

The missing package left the Philadelphia PA Regional Distribution center no less than three times over the past 10 days: a modern marvel of barcode tracking my friends. "Left" not returned, not reloaded, not transferred to another truck, key word is "left." Somehow it claims it made its to the local post office with delivery today.

The wife's theory is that it was damaged and they had to find time to rebox it.

My theory is that they scanned the package to go on a truck/pallet and it didn't fit. So it was left on the floor for the next pallet, then there was a shift change, and the new workers were like "what's this box doing here?" and moved it off to the side. This is my theory based on the fact that they tie tracking numbers to a larger tracking number/pallet/truck and don't individually scan every item when loading and unloading.. just the master tracking number which says what is supposed to be in that shipment.

The sad part about this, a lot of the Postal workers I know are nice people -- the system is just rubbish and was never designed well to handle things other than letters.

(I will leave my rant about Trump's comments on how the USPS is being ripped off by Amazon out of this... since some people are clueless at times at how things really work -- myself included.)

Anyway... fingers crossed!

The first two packages cleaned up and ready for diagnostics. The office has become an Atari parts distribution center...

post-4566-0-04076700-1535129550_thumb.jpg

Assembling cleaned XE keyboards... Which is nicer, the blue or green cups?

post-4566-0-32506900-1535129568_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Miracle of Miracles...

The missing package left the Philadelphia PA Regional Distribution center no less than three times over the past 10 days: a modern marvel of barcode tracking my friends. "Left" not returned, not reloaded, not transferred to another truck, key word is "left." Somehow it claims it made its to the local post office with delivery today.

The wife's theory is that it was damaged and they had to find time to rebox it.

My theory is that they scanned the package to go on a truck/pallet and it didn't fit. So it was left on the floor for the next pallet, then there was a shift change, and the new workers were like "what's this box doing here?" and moved it off to the side. This is my theory based on the fact that they tie tracking numbers to a larger tracking number/pallet/truck and don't individually scan every item when loading and unloading.. just the master tracking number which says what is supposed to be in that shipment.

The sad part about this, a lot of the Postal workers I know are nice people -- the system is just rubbish and was never designed well to handle things other than letters.

(I will leave my rant about Trump's comments on how the USPS is being ripped off by Amazon out of this... since some people are clueless at times at how things really work -- myself included.)

Anyway... fingers crossed!

The first two packages cleaned up and ready for diagnostics. The office has become an Atari parts distribution center...

attachicon.gifIMG_4042.jpg

Assembling cleaned XE keyboards... Which is nicer, the blue or green cups?

attachicon.gifIMG_4040.jpg

See what couple of phone calls from a friend can do? Scan in and out is out of sync for various reasons. Let me know when it arrives. Tomorrow by 6:30-7pm at the latest afaik. That's it, shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1