IGNORED

"Field Day" - For TI-99/4A Users

Omega-TI

Due to scheduling, we obviously could not all do this idea on the same day, but we could make videos and post them in this thread over the next couple of months... before the weather gets bad.

What is a "Field Day"? It's like Amateur Radio Operators who take their 'gear', (radios, antennas and power supplies), out to a remote location and "setup" for communications with others.

How would a TI'er do a field day? Well, you would take your 12V power inverter, or your UPS, with you along with your TI, TIPI/Rpi and cellphone. Once you setup in the remote location, you would use your TI/TIPI/Cellphone to connect with Heatwave BBS.

Take photos or a video to document your achievement. Does this interest anyone?

I remember doing ham radio scavenger hunts. Hey Omega, go hide a bunch of TI swag in the PNW, then drop clues on ChaTTI, AA, Heatwave, etc. and see how many you can get out in the field icon_wink.gif

Hmmm... that is an interesting idea. If I do this, any hints I drop will only be on Heatwave. I'd do Chatti too, but as of yet there is no PUBLIC posting, only person to person.

• 1 month later...