IGNORED

Scramble (5200)

playsoft

Drew this up under an hour to see if this looks okay so far for an label art if any takers.

Looking good. With the four different stages of the game, its a little hard to encompass all the action in a single picture without being a bit anachronistic. I would say add maybe one each of a few dangers anyway, like a gun turret on the ceiling, a fuel pod and a missile in lift off on the ground and maybe a couple fireballs up ahead. The ships look really cool.

Looking good. With the four different stages of the game, its a little hard to encompass all the action in a single picture without being a bit anachronistic. I would say add maybe one each of a few dangers anyway, like a gun turret on the ceiling, a fuel pod and a missile in lift off on the ground and maybe a couple fireballs up ahead. The ships look really cool.

Similar to my thoughts, nice early drawing, it reminds me of 2600 Vanguard art at this stage, and fuel pods and dropping bombs are a core element to Scramble so would be nice to see those.

Looking great!

But I don't know why those ships are coming at you - from the other direction? Rogue ships from another game? Not in this game though.

Of course flying saucers are in your way in part of the game.

Enough videos are out - showing most of the game...

This video shows a complete cycle of the game

https://youtu.be/b2WOLTGa2dc

from this site

http://www.retronagazie.eu/gramy-na-gazie-scramble-2018-video-recenzja-przejscie-gry-ciekawostki-oryginal/.

English text is available via Google translate

Harvey

I wanted to cross both the in game flying saucers but also using the arcade art style on the marquee and bezel as many art style never trying to match the art from game. But not too 70s groove style artwork

Yeah, the fighter in the game has never looked like the fighter in the marquee, so that creates a bit of a quandry, kind of like picking a stage or jumbling them up.

Then again, the artwork for the Atari carts often only vaguely referenced the game content, like 2600 Space Invaders and a bunch of others, IMHO, better to look good than too busy, not that it is too busy now.

I don't expect the artwork to be illustrative of the game - ie. closely matching the game graphics.

It's just that I don't like seeing the artwork suggesting gameplay that is not in the game.

The marquee art is of a fantastic style - if you can pay homage to that - that would be a wonderful achievement.

Down in this part of the world - Stern cabinets were not seen - I can't remember what the cabinets looked like? Probably very plain ones were in use.

Harvey

I'm a little disappointed in a large number of users here. This game is so damn good and it's been downloaded over 400 times, but the guy for all his hard work has gotten less than 20 likes? Come on people, click on the LIKE button, after all his hard work, it's the very least you can do!

I think you’ve been spending a little too much time on Facebook. Liking posts is not a common feature on Internet forums. (Yet) It was added on here recently. I think making a comment like “good job” or something would be better. :)

Looking great!

But I don't know why those ships are coming at you - from the other direction? Rogue ships from another game? Not in this game though.

Of course flying saucers are in your way in part of the game.

Enough videos are out - showing most of the game...

This video shows a complete cycle of the game

https://youtu.be/b2WOLTGa2dc

from this site

http://www.retronagazie.eu/gramy-na-gazie-scramble-2018-video-recenzja-przejscie-gry-ciekawostki-oryginal/.

English text is available via Google translate

Harvey

Maybe they are hovercrafts hovering up and down in the tunnel?

I found more mockup screen shots I did on Photoshop many moons ago on Komani games I would loved to see on the 5200. But hey its only just a pipe dreamXD

Oh Lordy, will someone please make Time Pilot for the 5200.

Awesome mock-ups by the way. :thumbsup:

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 4