playsoft

Scramble (5200)

I found more mockup screen shots I did on Photoshop many moons ago on Komani games I would loved to see on the 5200. But hey its only just a pipe dreamXD

These are really cool pictures. I know the C-64 and other systems lend themselves to the right-column score area.

I believe the A8's are built more to accommodate the score at the top, due to the way the display lists are created.

It could get even more complicated when adding scrolling to that setup.

I think there could also be a challenge in getting that many colors on screen, given the resource available.

It would be cool to see how close one could come though! These pics really get the imagination going!

It reminds me of the mock-ups that were on the back of the boxes. Many Atari games looked better on screen.

Games by Coleco always seemed to look better in the box mock-up than the actual ColecoVision games.

Ever notice how the Donkey Kong on the CV system box looks a lot like the Adam release? The barrels wobble when going down the ladders, more on-screen colors, etc.

Anyway, that's the memory that comes to mind. Thanks for sharing.

Love all the detail you've put into the player's ship, great job!!

..Al

Albert and playsoft, could this become a full release with box and manual?

With the great version already on the 2600

Please have this get a full release for the 5200 :) the 5200 and this game deserve it.

• Like 1

Done inking all ships and backdrop as soon as Im done coloring this week it should be ready.

It looks fantastic. I like all the detail but especially the viewpoint from behind the ship.

Almost done right now Im doing the title name.

Looking good! I can make out something significant in the explosion. Is this intentional? :D

I just realise that Scramble was out on the 2600 and 7800 that was out that I did not knew about and on there label art they using the US title logo so why not do something different by using the Japanese Konami's arcade title logo style and see if this works. BTW this logo also been used on Tomy's Handheld game.

post-5587-0-47999100-1537278488_thumb.png

post-5587-0-12057900-1537278492_thumb.png

post-5587-0-39111100-1537278496_thumb.png

post-5587-0-73288800-1537278499_thumb.png

Yes - I think it would benefit from the different logo look - as it would help make it stand out - that it is different to the 2600 and 7800 conversions.

Just my opinion and preference.

Harvey

Yes I think so too.

Could the UFOs and missiles fins look more metallic gold than tan. I think that would be extra snazzy.

Drew this up under an hour to see if this looks okay so far for an label art if any takers.

I was inspired to sketch as well. Only just seen yours. I was going down the same vane as well.

Great sketch BTW.

Here's my sketch/interpretation of a Scramble inspired scene.

post-48102-0-22228100-1539804569_thumb.jpg

Using a Wico joystick, if you look closely :-)

Truly excellent game :-) and being tested out over at the Atatri 8 Bit High Score Club ..... right now :-)

• Like 3

33 Likes, 601 downloads. I know there is some Atari computer and emulators in the mix, but dang, with that HUGE number of downloads, no one should ever say the 5200 does not have a decent sized following!

• Like 2