IGNORED

Keystone Kapers II Found

Tempest

Incredible! This looks amazing! The imagination & level of detail that went into this game is top notch. And the graphics are beautiful. So I just have 3 questions here:

1) How did something this significant remain hidden for so long? I mean, its an Activision game, from one of their key employees/designers, who has been well aware of (and involved with) the retro Atari resurgence scene since its beginnings. Why did he not say a word about this before & why come forward now?

2) Tech demo? I mean, check me if Im wrong here, but even in an unplayable state, and being just a rolling demo as it is, arent all of those graphics & routines contained within the data on the eprom? So finishing this (or polishing it a bit) and making it into a playable state is far easier then simpler & earlier more incomplete protos out there.

3) Are you serious? The museum? Im not going to even touch this topic yet. Consider this a placeholder. But I will be back to chime in later.

• Like 3

I imagine the side ladders are for the water pipes, tunnels and signs.

Good guess. So you'd probably have to chase Harry across the train before he reached either the engine or caboose. Along the way you'd have to dodge various obstacles by jumping or going down the ladder. So basically, Keystone Kapers on a train.

• Like 4

Holy shit.

This is fantastic.

Gotta love that parallax scrolling (and the famous Activision sunset).

Many thanks for sharing!

8)

Seconded there. Wow this is truly amazing and hope for the future that others will at the very least show vids like this of other hidden treasures. Thanks for the update Tempest.

• Like 1

Very cool!!! The game looks amazing. The Activision folks were ahead of their time.

Prototypes of unreleased games are just so awesome. I remember when Lord of the Rings was found, I was in shock. Was The Incredible Hulk ever found?

• Like 2

2) Tech demo? I mean, check me if Im wrong here, but even in an unplayable state, and being just a rolling demo as it is, arent all of those graphics & routines contained within the data on the eprom? So finishing this (or polishing it a bit) and making it into a playable state is far easier then simpler & earlier more incomplete protos out there.

FYI - There is a post on the NVM FB page that mentions this, and Dan Kitchen commented saying that he plans on finishing the game by starting from scratch and releasing it this year.

• Like 11

FYI - There is a post on the NVM FB page that mentions this, and Dan Kitchen commented saying that he plans on finishing the game by starting from scratch and releasing it this year.

That's great, but I really hope they still release the rom for this version.
  • Like 3

Great news! I would totally buy it. 8)

I hope the proto rom also gets released, for posterities sake...