IGNORED

Keystone Kapers II Found

Tempest

FYI - There is a post on the NVM FB page that mentions this, and Dan Kitchen commented saying that he plans on finishing the game by starting from scratch and releasing it this year.

Thanks for mentioning.

I can only see the original NVM post about the game, can you post Dan's comment, please?

Ok. Everything makes more sense now. That video clears things up quite a bit. Obviously Dan maintains complete ownership & control over this. The way the initial news was worded sounded like the typical cliche scenario where the person in possession of the proto has no clue what they have & they blindly & foolishly sell it or donate it to some other person or entity who then becomes an Alexander Hague type of dill weed dumb ass.

Point being, were good here. In fact, sounded like Albert will be in control, so Im happy.

Dan: "I’m rewriting the game from scratch so the new game will not be starring Keystone Kelly. It will be a physical cartridge release under the brand Tiki Vision Games."

8)

Expanding on Dan's quote:

"I’m rewriting the game from scratch so the new game will not be starring Keystone Kelly. It will be a physical cartridge release under the brand Tiki Vision Games. The original concept started as a generic train game. I’m a model railroader and wanted to make a side view game with different railroad cars. At the time my brother Garry had released Keystone Kapers and we thought using Keystone Kelly would be a cool addition to the game. The initial intent was to have Harry Hooligan transition from a petty department store thief to a full-fledged train bandit. However, before I had a chance to continue work on the game, the 2600 market experienced its downfall and I moved onto other games. The new version (has) two levels of gameplay, but the character will also be able to climb into some of the train cars like the box cars and Pullman Coach cars. The train will be a runaway circus train with various exotic animals to avoid. Each level ends when the player locates a varying number of engine parts that have been scattered in and around the train cars and makes their way to the locomotive to stop the train before time runs out."

http://www.retrogamenetwork.com/2018/08/01/atari-2600-prototype-keystone-cannonball-getting-retooled-and-released-by-dan-kitchen/

• Like 9

This seems like the unreleased Parker Brothers Octopussy game that was teased so much.

There is also incredible Hulk and Circus Charlie? I am convinced they both exist and are owned by someone we know.

Edited by Foxsolo2000

certainly looks nice, did he mention if the game would have used a dpc like pitfall 2? seems like it might have been a game to use it

Melody can certainly run the DPC Pitfall II driver. It would be great if this could be used to play the game's soundtrack. IS Dan Oliver still active on AA? Perhaps he could chime in. I would definitely buy his game when it comes out. :D :thumbsup:

Edit: Looks like Dan is still around, just being quiet. I messaged him yesterday about the game and he replied. Really looking forward to this.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd provide an update for everyone following the news on this highly anticipated game! :-)

I'm happy to announce that ZeroPage Homebrew will be exclusively debuting TWO new WIP games from Dan Kitchen on an upcoming Twitch livestream!!

1) Keystone Kapers 2 (aka Keystone Cannonball): The game will be written completely from scratch with a new name. "The train will be a runaway circus train with various exotic animals to avoid. Each level ends when the player locates a varying number of engine parts that have been scattered in and around the train cars and makes their way to the locomotive to stop the train before time runs out."
2) Bon Voyage: "Activision-style game where the player pilots the Titanic from Southampton to the Americas"

You can check out the links in my signature to keep updated on the details as I get them from Dan. :-) I'm really looking forward to playing these two work-in-progress games for you live on an upcoming episode of ZeroPage!!

post-37205-0-43659800-1535251274_thumb.png

• Like 10