IGNORED

Scramble for the 5200!

Omega-TI

• 2 weeks later...

I might as well ask this question - would there be stronger interest in this thread/topic - should the 5200 conversion of Scamble becomes available on cart. That you don't need to purchase an Atarimax Ultimate SD Multicart to run it? Or perhaps it'll convince 5200 players here to purchase an Atarimax Ultimate SD Multicart?

It does play nicely on the Altirra emulator in 5200 mode - so you can try it out/view it beforehand - so as to know what is it really like?

Harvey

I think it is likely to be a 5200 cart release of this - and Albert will be handling that - if that is the case.

I can only speak for myself - to say that I do not wish to be involved with that in any way - but I have put forward the suggestion that Atariboy2600 be asked for some label art (manual art too?) because he does such an excellent job with that. His message box is full so I can't message him.

I wouldn't like to see the Scramble logo only on the cart/manual because it is not a straight conversion - as others have done.

My own personal viewpoint - speaking for myself only - I take the DoItYourself view. That with so many manuals and playguides etc out there - it is easy enough for anyone wanting to - to create their own manual - and even label. Maybe someone likes to do that? It is not something I like doing - and have only done it for Andrew Bradfield's games.

My own input into this conversion/game is miniscule compared to the work Paul has put into it - and you cannot thank Paul enough for delivering this conversion.

I think exceptional circumstances have come together to allow it to happen - the AtariBlast! project preceding it - being a vital one? Making it easier to develop this one.

We won't be receiving anything financially from this - in any way - we'll have our own reasons for this choice.

As to what may happen in the future? Is anyone's guess --- but I'd say that LIFE may simply get in the way such that it will be an exception if future projects happen? or not?

Harvey

Just wrote up a review of this awesome game: https://retrogameguy.com/2018/08/11/scramble-for-the-atari-5200/

I am also willing to help out with a cart release in any way that I can. I am not an artist, so labels and manuals would be a challenge for me, but if Al needs someone to round up some common 5200 carts, I'm all in!

Edited by mmervine

Just wrote up a review of this awesome game: https://retrogameguy.com/2018/08/11/scramble-for-the-atari-5200/

I am also willing to help out with a cart release in any way that I can. I am not an artist, so labels and manuals would be a challenge for me, but if Al needs someone to round up some common 5200 carts, I'm all in!

He doesn't need carts sent to him anymore . Someone made a mold for 5200 shells so he uses those .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Note - I did not want to do a complete overhaul/update of the landscape graphics - because I felt that it still was of a very high standard. Because animation was available to make use of - I updated some of the graphics to accommodate this.

The change to your craft/ship was made - because the original design could not fit in well at all - and so I went for an alternate design.

So far no one has mentioned the appearance of a new craft used - for when you have advanced very far into the game - nor have shown this in a video?

I believe the 5200 Scramble cart will be available in late? November - Al will mention about it = sometime...

Many thanks to Atariboy2600 for doing an example job with the label art for it.

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove
  • Like 1

I played this late last night - showed my XBox teenage son, who isnt exactly impressed with anything Atari. He stated that this is the best- looking Atari game hes ever seen. Believe me - theres a big compliment!

I own a 5200 Multicart, but I am going to immediately purchase this cartridge when it becomes available.

Thanks again for sharing your work!

Edited by AtariKid81
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

I might as well ask this question - would there be stronger interest in this thread/topic - should the 5200 conversion of Scamble becomes available on cart. That you don't need to purchase an Atarimax Ultimate SD Multicart to run it? Or perhaps it'll convince 5200 players here to purchase an Atarimax Ultimate SD Multicart?

It does play nicely on the Altirra emulator in 5200 mode - so you can try it out/view it beforehand - so as to know what is it really like?

Harvey

Any plans to release 5200 scramble as a cart in the Spring 2019? Thanks!