IGNORED

Castlevania for Intellivision - actual gameplay

Rev

Great looking games... and hopefully coming soon.

Definitely a call for a legitimate plug-in style 8-way 2-button joystick for the INTY if they do come out.

You won't have much left of your thumbs using the standard controller playing these games... ouch!!

Very cool!!

I do remember opcode was going to make Castlevania and then he stop making it to focus on a hardware add on. I don't know the exact status, so I'm just letting you know.

I have made Castlevania 2 mock up.

post-24767-0-29554300-1444509411_thumb.gif

Hope he does continue and complete this game. It's really cool!

• Like 2

Great looking games... and hopefully coming soon.

Definitely a call for a legitimate plug-in style 8-way 2-button joystick for the INTY if they do come out.

You won't have much left of your thumbs using the standard controller playing these games... ouch!!

Did you see the one I make?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213043-intv2-arcade-controller-pre-order-interest-list

Rough audio for title screen mockup attached.

songproto-Castlevania1.rom

Very cool!!

I do remember opcode was going to make Castlevania and then he stop making it to focus on a hardware add on. I don't know the exact status, so I'm just letting you know.

I have made Castlevania 2 mock up.

Hope he does continue and complete this game. It's really cool!

(source placed in the Programming forum)

• Like 1

Hello, thanks everyone for the compliments on my Castlevania project. It is nice to see so much enthusiasm towards something that started out as something just to learn various IntyBASIC commands. The original character in the first video was from the game Spelunker, which was what I started out trying to mimic, but then as I continued making mock up art, decided to go for Castlevania instead.

The game is not taking advantage of ECS or anything special. The limitations are becoming more clear with enemy design and the 8 sprite limit. (2 sprites used for the character, 1 for the whip, leaving 5 for enemies and projectiles, however things like candles, hearts, and secondary weapons would not be possible at this point, so I may make additional sacrifices). So far with one song, and 4 very short and basic stages, the project compiled weighs in at 26kb. I could see space becoming another issue.

I have not had as much time the past week to make much progress over what was shown in that last video, as I have been messing around more with music on the Intellivision which you can see on my channel. In another thread on the Intellivision Programming forum I released some of the work in progress music if anyone wants to take a look. In the future I will try to get a small demo created for everyone to play with as well as uploading the source code once I get things cleaned up more.

• Like 6

It did not take long before hitting that 16kb mark which I had thought would have ended development. It was not until finding that 42k demo in the Contrib folder that helped overcome that. I can't imagine that taking too long to reach though once level maps are a more reasonable length. Is there a different technique required to get to 84kb?