IGNORED

SRAM-Charger for Indus-GT - interest poll

tf_hh

Thanks!

I'll just edit this one...

What about the Z80 piggyback boards for IDE hard drives? Could we squeeze a 2.5" laptop drive into an Indus? Imagine if an Indus could run a full blown NZ-COM system!!!

Many possibilities.

SIO commands to use a partition of the Indus's HD, data exchange between Atari and NZ-COM system... WordStar running really FAST! Lots of possibilities!

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

the SRAM charger boards are ready. Take a look at the final version:

post-15670-0-52966200-1537097717_thumb.jpg

As you can see in the picture, two versions exists. The left one for the genuine Indus GT drive with right-angled connector and the other version with straight connector for the clone drives LDW Super 2000 and CA-2001.

Users of the genuine Indus GT drive just need to open the case, plug the SRAM Charger board in and that´s all. Users of the LDW Super 2000 or CA-2001 must do some solder jobs to make the SRAM Charger board usable. In the manual I will link to Trub´s site with some additional infos.

If you want to place an order, please look about the handling into my catalogue PDF file with all infos.

Click here to read the info PDF

Jurgen

P.S.: The manual isn´t ready today, I will complete it in the next days, so that the manual will be finished before the first parcels received their destination :)

• Like 8

Received my two uniits... PROMPTLY shipped, arriving safely and relatively QUICK (!!!) Well packed, with proper anti-static protection...

Boy, these boards are TINY (!!!) They take almost NO space on the drive, and are installed in a breeze! No contact with either drive's mech. frame or externa cover.

Have been extensively testing one (1) and put the drive through its paces... works like a CHARM!!!!

Now my my two IndusGT are fully upgraded with RamCharger, supporting both Track Buffering, and CP/M !

Cheers!!!

• Like 3

I'll post this here...

a) I received my board, installed it, tests show all is good

b) booting CPM, no matter which terminal I use (tt05 from trub, e.com or f.com), once I boot the CPM disk I get the 'Indus CPM 2.2 Rev 1.1, Hit return to continue' prompt but nothing I type does anything....

Am I missing something else? I'm using an Incognito 800, with the programs loaded from SDX.

Thanks!

I'll post this here...

a) I received my board, installed it, tests show all is good

b) booting CPM, no matter which terminal I use (tt05 from trub, e.com or f.com), once I boot the CPM disk I get the 'Indus CPM 2.2 Rev 1.1, Hit return to continue' prompt but nothing I type does anything....

Am I missing something else? I'm using an Incognito 800, with the programs loaded from SDX.

Thanks!

Did you create your CP/M disks as described here? Sounds like what mine did many years ago befor someone figued out how to repair the first 3 sectors.

http://trub.atari8.info/index.php?ref=indus_cpm_en

• Like 3

Sounds like you didn´t patch the CP/M discs! Look into the manual and links to Trub´s website. Short how-to:

- Copy the needed / wanted CP/M discs using any sector copier to real 5.25" floppy discs

- Boot the CP/M tool from Trub

- Use the repair function to each disc

This procedure must be done at last to files "Indus RAM Charger CPM BIOS" and "Indus RAM Charger CPM Boot".

• Like 2

Questions about the CP/M Tool...

I followed the links to Trub's page on CP/M which has the link to the tool. But when I try to download the tool, I just get garbage on the screen -- Foxfire and Chrome both try to open it as some type of text file rather than a downloadable file. (Right click doesn't help.) I see it is an ARC file, and they typically show up as regular downloadable archives with no issue. But this one does. Or perhaps I'm bot understanding this correctly. I presume that the Tool is a Windows executable file?

Can someone help, and if available, attach a copy of a Zipped copy of the tool?

Thanks,

Larry

Questions about the CP/M Tool...

I followed the links to Trub's page on CP/M which has the link to the tool. But when I try to download the tool, I just get garbage on the screen -- Foxfire and Chrome both try to open it as some type of text file rather than a downloadable file. (Right click doesn't help.) I see it is an ARC file, and they typically show up as regular downloadable archives with no issue. But this one does. Or perhaps I'm bot understanding this correctly. I presume that the Tool is a Windows executable file?

Can someone help, and if available, attach a copy of a Zipped copy of the tool?

Thanks,

Larry

no you use the indus drive to make the fixes, if using a PC you need anadisk and an old 5.25 dsdd 360k drive..

right click and find save as..... works on both browers you mentioned for me....

CPMTOOL.ARC

indusrcutil.zip

the rest of the files are all accessible from trub's site as well as others... take your time and wait a second to look down at right click options when trying to download..

Edited by _The Doctor__