IGNORED

How to Properly View a Virtual Boy

Tempest

After many failed experiments on the best and most comfortable way to actually use a VB, I came across this picture:
1503439071883-Virtual_Boy_with_stand_-_s

Lo and behold, it works! This by far was the most comfortable way to actually use the darn thing. I tried the stand in various positions and heights, but I was always hunched over and it started to hurt after a few minutes. I had also tried just leaning back with the VB resting on my head (minus the stand) but it always pushed into my face too much. Leaning back WITH the stand provides enough support to keep the VB from crushing into my face and makes for a tolerable playing experience. The only downside is that the stand does dig into your chest after a while, but it's still far better than any other solution I tried.

• Like 6

I've done that. Also I tended to play on the floor (like how you watched tv as a kid) and find this relatively comfortable as well.

Always wanted to get a helmet (motorcycle, football, other) and build a mount for the virtual boy into that. I play so little now days I doubt it's practical though. I still want to try that though.

Not a bad idea, annoyed I hadn't thought of that when I've had those before. I really should track another down since there are more games now for it than ever, if you have a flash kit.

Yeah, me too. I purchased one off a fire-sale at a local video game store back in the 1990s. I think it cost me like $25.00 for the whole kit, including extra controllers and a few games. They were just giving the thing away! I really liked it but got constant headaches, so I got rid of it soon.

I never thought of using it in that position, and really wish I kept the thing considering how insanely expensive it is today.

-dZ.