IGNORED

My homemade 5200 controller

smbaker

16 minutes ago, lazzeri said:

Great news!

Should I assume that someday, eventually, I´ll able to buy a fully built, 3D-printed case A5200 controller? I´m just too incompetent to even try doing it. ?

Yes! We have a batch of controllers under construction now. When they’re ready to go on sale, I will post a link. I’ll actually probably start a thread in here and maybe another in the Marketplace forum to let folks now. Once our first batch is sold, and depending on how long that takes, we’ll probably do additional batches if demand warrants. 

9818DA42-8DDB-47BF-949C-94F47E64148F.jpeg

28 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

These look amazing, I'll be eagerly following the availability of pre-built controllers. 

Soon(-ish!) :)  

We are building a decent sized initial batch for immediate sale, and are creating a little dedicated e-commerce site for it. We'd planned to sell through my partner's eBay store for his 3D printing stuff, but eBay doesn't let you put links in listings anymore, so we can't link to Scott's post or videos; we can't have links to point people at places to buy extension cables, etc. Screw that noise! My partner and I live about 50 miles away (opposite sides of a decent-sized metropolitan area) so we have some coordination issues too - fortunately there are good craft breweries in between our locations to meet, swap built/tested controllers to get cases and packed/shipped ... Once we run out there will be a short lag time while we arrange for more PCBs and parts, plus build time, but it is our intention to make them available as long as folks are still interested in buying. 

IMG_2283.JPG

• Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 3:16 PM, Shawn said:

Anyone been able to get in touch with Scott about buying boards as of late? I sent him a message the other day but didn't hear back. Looks like he's not been on the forums in a few weeks.

I bought some off of eBay from him.

He replied to questions I had at the time via the eBay messager app.

12 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Soon(-ish!) :)  

We are building a decent sized initial batch for immediate sale, and are creating a little dedicated e-commerce site for it. We'd planned to sell through my partner's eBay store for his 3D printing stuff, but eBay doesn't let you put links in listings anymore, so we can't link to Scott's post or videos; we can't have links to point people at places to buy extension cables, etc. Screw that noise! My partner and I live about 50 miles away (opposite sides of a decent-sized metropolitan area) so we have some coordination issues too - fortunately there are good craft breweries in between our locations to meet, swap built/tested controllers to get cases and packed/shipped ... Once we run out there will be a short lag time while we arrange for more PCBs and parts, plus build time, but it is our intention to make them available as long as folks are still interested in buying. 

IMG_2283.JPG

Is your partner the individual selling the 3D printed custom controller shells on eBay?

If so, he has been playing around with a black version for me I am about to buy, however it may be cheaper to have it go through you so the shipping is at one time verses two different packages.

Have you decided how much you guys are going to sell them for?

I was looking for an all black, which I will then paint the Atari logo red, with either red or yellow buttons.  Maybe use green, yellow and red color pattern on the Start/Pause/Restart buttons.

What would you charge for a completed one in the black shells with the above mentioned color pattern for the buttons?  Trying to keep it close to original...

I can paint the logo myself if need be.

29 minutes ago, geo said:

Is your partner the individual selling the 3D printed custom controller shells on eBay?

Yes. Pricing for various options is TBD - when the site is ready and goes live, I’m going to post a link to our new storefront which again should be pretty soon. We don’t want to offer anything for sale until we are sure we have at least first batch ready to finalize (left/right stick orientation) and pack/ship. These are pretty labor-intensive to build and test (approximately 130 individual solder joints to make on each one, plus chip programming and functional testing). So we want to make sure that once we go live, we’ll have controllers ready to send out. Once that batch is sold, we’ll order more parts and boards and keep building so long as there’s adequate demand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Yes. Pricing for various options is TBD - when the site is ready and goes live, I’m going to post a link to our new storefront which again should be pretty soon. We don’t want to offer anything for sale until we are sure we have at least first batch ready to finalize (left/right stick orientation) and pack/ship. These are pretty labor-intensive to build and test (approximately 130 individual solder joints to make on each one, plus chip programming and functional testing). So we want to make sure that once we go live, we’ll have controllers ready to send out. Once that batch is sold, we’ll order more parts and boards and keep building so long as there’s adequate demand. 

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I will hold off on buying the shell for now then.

Depending on price, I am hoping to get (2) by Christmas, planning an Atari party with the kids.  New games and new controllers...

Please let me know when they are ready and if its possible to get the color theme on the buttons I asked for.

Thanks.

Spent some time this afternoon with DEFENDER using one of these. Yeah, they certainly do make this game a lot more playable for me. "Normal" difficulty, set a personal record tonight! :) 

We should have controllers ready for sale in about 2 weeks. 

IMG_2314.JPG

• Like 6

12 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Spent some time this afternoon with DEFENDER using one of these. Yeah, they certainly do make this game a lot more playable for me. "Normal" difficulty, set a personal record tonight! :) 

IMG_2314.JPG

Awesome!

13 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

IMG_2314.JPG

Why are you torturing our poor souls? :-D

• 2 weeks later...