IGNORED

ROM Set for TI99Sim?

Willsy

Ok once i switch menus I get TI99/4A click on anything to configure it and next thing I know I have a different Computer loaded or none at all?

Or a list of Cart but no machine selected?

And Tab with Scroll Lock on just rotates from first menu to middle to image.

I can not get anywhere out of Cartridges, no disks option ???

Why does it keep changing my TI99/4A to something else once I try to configure it?

I'd suggest you copy my batch file earlier in the thread and use it as a starting point for launching MAME. Here's the reason: If you just start mame64 and run the TI 99/4A, it doesn't have anything attached to its PEB (no disk, no memory expansion, nothing) - so the option to mount a disk into a disk drive is not presented to you.

If you use the batch file I have above, it plugs in a 32K memory expansion, a TI disk controller card, and a speech synthesizer (or in the case of the 99/8, it attaches the hex bus disk controller). Then, you'll get the option to mount something into a disk.

If you can't get it to work that way, I can go one step further and zip up the entire contents of my C:\mame0198 directory, which will have everything already configured the way I use it, along with the ti99.bat file that gives you the menu. All the carts will be in there, some of the disk images I have and maybe even a cassette - I can't remember exactly what all is in there.

• Like 2

OMG carts is there but doing like your video does MAME refuses to see it, it is not on list???? WTF?

I am looking right at folder and clearly there it is but MAME just does not see it?

Edited by RXB

OMG carts is there but doing like your video does MAME refuses to see it, it is not on list???? WTF?

I am looking right at folder and clearly there it is but MAME just does not see it?

What I did in the MAME UI just adds an entry into the config file. That file is just mame.cfg in the directory where you unzipped mame to (in my case, c:\mame0198\mame.cfg). If you double-click this file and open it with Notepad, the line that you want to look for is rompath (it's right near the very top of the file.)

This is what mine has:

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
homepath .

rompath roms;C:\mame0198\carts

If that directory path is not added to the end after roms - just add it in there and try again. (I'd close MAME first before editing this file just to make sure your the config file doesn't change out from underneath you.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, AtariNostalgia said:

I gave up on MAME. Way too confusing. I am running ti99sim on my linux machine. Where are you guys finding all the roms?

Would you mind sharing your experiences with me (also via personal message)? I did put quite some efforts into getting the installation and configuration as simple as possible in the recent time.

Just yesterday, before your posting, I uploaded a new pre-built binary to WHTech for Linux and Raspberry users (0.220).

http://ftp.whtech.com/emulators/MAME/ti99/linux/

Please download the 0220 release, unpack it in a directory (like ~/mame), and in that directory, run the "mameprep" script. It will autoconfigure everything for you and produce some start scripts like ti99, geneve, ti998, ti992, ...

That's all. No more confusion, as I hope.

Modules for TI99sim....  is it modules you want or the system roms etc???  Not too clear from your query... however for games etc modules:

Full directory for you at
http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/ti99sim/

This includes modules produced up to 2019!

Not always easy to find things but most things you need are somewhere on whtech and I have a search link you may want to try at:
http://shawweb.myzen.co.uk/stephen/tisearch.htm

eg try the search
 ti99sim cartridge
 in the whtech search box on y page, it is  third down from the top.

And as an extra, from your ti99sim installation go to the doc folder and read the README file especially the paragraph on convert-ctg, which mentions v9t9 images. v9t9 images will usually end in .bin

MY problem with MAME is they no longer support my hardware!!! I do use the much older version though, which was split between MAME and MESS - which does support my pc.

regards

s

Hi Mike.  Offtopic but still- if you like a real challenge-

1998 Pentium 2 at 267MHz with 128M ram, SB AWE 64 sound, ATI AIW Pro video.

Running MS Dos 6.22, Freedos, W98 (up to DirectX 5), NT4, and Opensuse 12- and getting Opensuse 12 installed was a challenge, not using KDE obviously, but JWM.  I have USB1.1, network support and even W98 mass storage device drivers.

I dig older machines!  My original TI99/4 is still functional as is my TI Dot Matrix printer....    s

7 hours ago, AtariNostalgia said:

I'll give it another try tonight. Most of the games I want to place are 80s games

You may have to install some libraries:

sudo apt install libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0
sudo apt install libqt5widgets5

See https://www.mizapf.de/en/ti99/mame/linstmame

Edited by mizapf
Removed additional blank line

As usual in MAME, do not unzip anything. "Permission to run" sounds to me as if you ran the scripts by mouse click; I recommend using a shell. The permission query is from the window manager.

You can mount a cartridge with "-cart <cartname>" in the command line. Have a look at the script files (like ti99ex or ti99ea) which use a cartridge. The cartname is the part of the zip file name without ".zip". Example: "./ti99 -cart invaders".

bitch@bitch-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/Downloads/mame$ /ti99 -cart invaders
bash: /ti99: No such file or directory
bitch@bitch-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/Downloads/mame$

looks like I need these

sudo apt install libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0
sudo apt install libqt5widgets5

but they return an error

let me try to fix it.

Edited by AtariNostalgia