IGNORED

Atari Gamer articles

Igor

I've been running Atari Gamer, a website focusing on Atari Lynx history and news, since January 2018 but it hasn't been until recently that I've got into a regular schedule of article posts. At the moment I'm limiting to one article a week, released on a Monday. I'm starting this thread to announce new articles as they become available.

Any feedback, comments, article suggestions are very welcome. I hope you all enjoy reading some fresh new content about Atari Lynx!

Last week's article was - Behind the scenes - making of the 48 in 1 Atari Lynx multicart.

post-54616-0-12660200-1533531936.jpg

I'm also working with Mark aka MillipedeMan with promoting his Lynx Handycast.

Past articles can be found here: Articles

Edited by necrocia
  • Like 8

looks like an extened version from karris flashcard from 15 years ago...

As far as I know he's made it on his own but I could be wrong. I've not seen Karri's flashcart. It's a neat design though, he packed it full of demo and prototype games for me too, need to spend a couple of days trying them all out. Kinda wish I added the VGA output to my Lynx when I modded it so I could record everything...perhaps that's a project for a weekend coming :)

All being well you should of received an email with bit of background info on audio side of Lynx hardware, 2 of it's best games, audio wise and attempts that failed to bring a certain series from the PC to Lynx.

That's all i am going to have for now.

The remaining material (scans) i sent Atarimania months ago reside on a memory stick at my place somewhere..

• Like 1

Since Zaku has been re-released almost 10 years after its original debut I thought it would be fitting to dig up an old preview article and re-publish it too. There's even a playable demo included! Read it here: Preview of Zaku for Atari Lynx

post-54616-0-83544200-1535802499.jpg

Other articles are available here: Articles

• Like 1

Zaku will always stay with me, for the drama at the time over the review RetroGamer magazine gave to it at the time, in terms of score...73% and space devoted to the review.

The magazine was labelled a joke, a disgrace etc.

I know there's no such thing as bad publicity, but it did seem to be a classic storm in a teacup.

Thanks for putting the preview up. .hadn't seen it prior to this.

• Like 1