IGNORED

Joust end label always falling off, or already gone

yanbu

It seems like the QA on the Joust carts were not great, or somehow I just ended up getting every Joust cart with this issue. I own I think 12 copies of the cart from getting collections of carts at thrift stores and such over the years, and I noticed that almost every Joust cart was missing the end label. I had one last cart that was hanging on even though it looked bad, and it just fell off the other day. I mean yeah it happens to carts, but I've never had a cart with the end label being as fall-offy as Joust so consistently. Anyone else or am I just the lucky one?

Also on topic, any other carts you've run into that seem to always have a bad label issue? The other one for me seems to be Popeye, well maybe just Parker Brothers labels in general.

It seems like the QA on the Joust carts were not great, or somehow I just ended up getting every Joust cart with this issue. I own I think 12 copies of the cart from getting collections of carts at thrift stores and such over the years, and I noticed that almost every Joust cart was missing the end label. I had one last cart that was hanging on even though it looked bad, and it just fell off the other day. I mean yeah it happens to carts, but I've never had a cart with the end label being as fall-offy as Joust so consistently. Anyone else or am I just the lucky one?

Also on topic, any other carts you've run into that seem to always have a bad label issue? The other one for me seems to be Popeye, well maybe just Parker Brothers labels in general.

I don't think it's Joust per se, I've had tons of Jousts over the years and have not noticed anything different with them than other games of the era. What I would say is that whatever glue they used for the color/picture label cart end labels doesn't hold up well in general. It doesn't bleed through the way Activision carts do, but it does not hold up nearly as well as whatever glue Imagic, Activision, and some of the other third party developers used. The color/picture label era seems particularly prone to this, though the earlier stuff flakes off as well. I've literally watched labels fall off while sitting on a shelf in my climate controlled game room many times.

• Like 1

I did once find a lableless PB cart that wasn't Frogger. Turned out to be Montezuma's Revenge! <-------true story

And funny... the mentioning of Joust and its end label. Mine popped off just a little while back. Went to go play it one day, and there it was: face down in the dust. Elmer's gluestick to the rescue! :lol:

• Like 1