IGNORED

Nuon Rotary controllers are ready!

coleshores

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, ciderman said:

Is this controller PCB still available or all gone at this stage?

I've a 501 on the way with no controller and need a way to play T3k!

Sadly the only way is to use the remote. And check Ebay for the controllers daily im not kidding.  I had the same problem.  Picked up a Toshiba unit and couldn't find any controllers. 2 weeks later someone had one come up on Ebay on auction.  And it was going to be about 200 when it finished.  So I waited and to my luck 2 came up for sale new in original packaging.  1 sold quick it was the 1 that looked like the n64 controller and the other I bought was the logitech.  I paid 100 plus shipping.  Just keep looking.  And they come up. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@coleshores and @eltoozero, what ever became of this project? Sounds like there has been a lot of interest of late but no follow-up from you two? I'm not pointing fingers at all, just curious what's up. Cheers.

Edit: I see neither of those two individuals have logged in to AtariAge since fall and summer of 2019, respectively. Bummer.

47 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

@coleshores and @eltoozero, what ever became of this project? Sounds like there has been a lot of interest of late but no follow-up from you two? I'm not pointing fingers at all, just curious what's up. Cheers.

Edit: I see neither of those two individuals have logged in to AtariAge since fall and summer of 2019, respectively. Bummer.

Sending a PM to you on this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

When @doctorclu said "sending you a PM on this," he was just updating me on the fact that the guys behind this project have been MIA for over a year. I wouldn't get your hopes up!

Well, how to get ahold of them through email.   Suggesting for people to give that a try.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

I tried emailing; we shall see. Can't hurt. 

I did speak with the guy that did the YouTube video that made these. If I remember correctly he cant make them without the chip that nuon used in the controllers.  And it seemd like he didnt have any or need to create more. So its more about the person that did the chips that the guy that males the controller. 

1 minute ago, Relicgamer said:

I did speak with the guy that did the YouTube video that made these. If I remember correctly he cant make them without the chip that nuon used in the controllers.  And it seemd like he didnt have any or need to create more. So its more about the person that did the chips that the guy that males the controller. 

If you're talking about Nick P, I'm not referring to him. I'm referring to the guy that makes the boards with the chip on them. Believe his name is Lee. 

18 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

If you're talking about Nick P, I'm not referring to him. I'm referring to the guy that makes the boards with the chip on them. Believe his name is Lee. 

Well yes thats what I mean. I believe it was Nick that told me that they were all out of the chips. And till they got more he couldn't make any more controllers.  Im not sure what the process is to getting more made. But maybe if we can get enough people onboard we could get the other guy to make the chips

9 hours ago, Relicgamer said:

But maybe if we can get enough people onboard we could get the other guy to make the chips

I had read elsewhere (perhaps somewhere on AA or similar) that Lee has enough chips "for a lifetime," so that's apparently not a concern, which is a good thing!

9 hours ago, fandenivoldsk said:

At least we are six or seven people who have shown interest in this tread so far. I am sure we could double this 

Agreed. We just need the developer to return to AA and/or respond to emails. 

8 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

I had read elsewhere (perhaps somewhere on AA or similar) that Lee has enough chips "for a lifetime," so that's apparently not a concern, which is a good thing!

Agreed. We just need the developer to return to AA and/or respond to emails. 

Wonder if Nick can have better luck contacting lee

21 hours ago, Relicgamer said:

Wonder if Nick can have better luck contacting lee

Just found this thread and wanted to share that I am also interested in purchasing a rotary controller for the Nuon.  If these were to be built and sold again I'd definitely purchase 2 of them.

Good news to report: Nick P (controller maker and I believe original designer of the boards who passed off the board project to Lee) informed me that he emailed with Lee yesterday and Lee plans on "digging back in [to this project] soon!"

Further, the Rev2 Yak Twister board will be capable of all three control modes simultaneously (digital d-pad, analog stick and rotary)!! The limited run of Rev1 last year was apparently limited to one mode with a jumper to determine the mode. 

Very exciting stuff!! I'll keep my ear to the ground and will report back any further developments. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Good news to report: Nick P (controller maker and I believe original designer of the boards who passed off the board project to Lee) informed me that he emailed with Lee yesterday and Lee plans on "digging back in [to this project] soon!"

Further, the Rev2 Yak Twister board will be capable of all three control modes simultaneously (digital d-pad, analog stick and rotary)!! The limited run of Rev1 last year was apparently limited to one mode with a jumper to determine the mode. 

Very exciting stuff!! I'll keep my ear to the ground and will report back any further developments. 

Awesome!  Thanks - I sure hope I can get in on this run.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little update to pass along: Nick P. got an email from Lee O. three days ago, which stated that Lee anticipates the Rev2 Yak Twister boards will be coming "in a few months." I know that's a bit of a non-update compared to the last update of similar substance, but it's something. I recommend joining the "NUON DVD users" Facebook group for a direct line to Nick P. It's a very small group but all are welcome! 

• Like 3

On 6/6/2020 at 2:16 AM, sixersfan105 said:

Definitely very exciting. Can wait to get creative with some interesting nuon controller mods. 

Just to clear something up though. I didn’t design anything. I tried my best, but hit a wall. The most I did was stockpile documentation and hardware. The rest was all Lee. 

• Like 1