IGNORED

FS: Astronomer (for the Atari 2600 / NTSC or PAL)

ozyr

Packrat Video Games, LLC is proud to announce the release of our first new Atari 2600 game for 2018.

Astronomer by Alex Pietrow for the Atari 2600.

post-4208-0-57615300-1533707168.jpg

Astronomer is the first Atari 2600 game created by Alex Pietrow. It is a simulation game of sorts that allows the player to get into the shoes of an astronomer and observe stars with the world's largest telescope.

The goal of the game is to aim the telescope beam at a star and observe it throughout the night. This is achieved by filling up an 'observing bar'. However if the astronomer takes pictures of clouds while observing a star, the entire observation will be ruined and the astronomer will have to start over. This can make his or her life difficult as there is only a certain amount of time allocated to this one observer. Once this time is up, the game is over. Just like in real life, the observer who can do the most with their time will be considered the best, but this will partially rest on some luck. How high of a score can you get?

Comes with cartridge and full-color manual.

post-4208-0-78759800-1533707159.jpg

Astronomer is an unlimited release (cart and manual only), and is now on sale on the Packrat Website as of August 8th, 2018.

Pricing is only $18 (cart/manual only version) plus shipping ($5 for shipping in the USA, $12 for Canada, and $15 for everywhere else in the world).

Includes cartridge and full color manual.

More information is on the Packrat Website:

http://www.packratvg.com/astronomer.html

Update: Limited Boxed Edition is now out. Comes with box, box protector, cartridge (of course), instructions, Stargazer insert, and Astronomer magnet. Priced at $35 plus shipping.

These are limited to 34 copies only (with a few more arriving in November).

post-4208-0-62521500-1540198977_thumb.jpg

Sincerely,

David ‘Ozyr’ Flemming - (Packrat Video Games, LLC)

Note: This game was originally brought up here by Alex last year.

Edited by ozyr
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

As of October 21st, the Limited Boxed Edition of Astronomer is available. Only 34 copes will be sold (and they are almost 3/4 sold out). (There were going to be 40, but some were damaged from the printer - sorry).

Edited by ozyr
  • Like 1

Hello,

I put my order in back in August for a CIB. I got an email saying my order was received but nothing else. 3/4 sold out means physically they are gone or just the list is 3/4 filled haha

Thanks

Matt

PM Sent (I am pretty sure you are on my list).

Edited by ozyr

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to compliment David on a great post that effectively describes the game and gives all the details you might need when making a decision to purchase it.  It is surprising how often something so simple gets overlooked and definitely helps to raise awareness about the product.  It makes me more interested in buying this game compared to some other homebrews.