IGNORED

Keystone Kapers 2

insertclevernamehere

The original, yes but if you watch the video, Garry Kitchen states he's reprogrammed the game and it should be released through atariage this year.

Well, that would be really cool. Really, REALLY cool of him. Most people have protos they don't even want to release and this guy it finishing the unfinished proto and releasing it. I'd like to see this done with more unfinished protos. Of course, some like to torture us and tell us they will and then never do. Let's hope that's not the case.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd provide an update for everyone following the news on this highly anticipated game! :-)

I'm happy to announce that ZeroPage Homebrew will be exclusively debuting TWO new WIP games from Dan Kitchen on an upcoming Twitch livestream!!

1) Keystone Kapers 2 (aka Keystone Cannonball): The game will be written completely from scratch with a new name. "The train will be a runaway circus train with various exotic animals to avoid. Each level ends when the player locates a varying number of engine parts that have been scattered in and around the train cars and makes their way to the locomotive to stop the train before time runs out."
2) Bon Voyage: "Activision-style game where the player pilots the Titanic from Southampton to the Americas"

You can check out the links in my signature to keep updated on the details as I get them from Dan. :-) I'm really looking forward to playing these two work-in-progress games for you live on an upcoming episode of ZeroPage!!

post-37205-0-04218200-1535251848_thumb.png

• Like 10

I thought I'd provide an update for everyone following the news on this highly anticipated game! :-)

I'm happy to announce that ZeroPage Homebrew will be exclusively debuting TWO new WIP games from Dan Kitchen on an upcoming Twitch livestream!!

1) Keystone Kapers 2 (aka Keystone Cannonball): The game will be written completely from scratch with a new name. "The train will be a runaway circus train with various exotic animals to avoid. Each level ends when the player locates a varying number of engine parts that have been scattered in and around the train cars and makes their way to the locomotive to stop the train before time runs out."

2) Bon Voyage: "Activision-style game where the player pilots the Titanic from Southampton to the Americas"

You can check out the links in my signature to keep updated on the details as I get them from Dan. :-) I'm really looking forward to playing these two work-in-progress games for you live on an upcoming episode of ZeroPage!!

That's great news!

I have one question: will the original, unfinished ROM be made public eventually?

Would love to archive it in the Atarimania database it for VCS video game history sake.

8)

• Like 1

Just want to say I love your channel. Fantastic quality videos and love the longplays to really see the game play and your opinions as you play them

• Like 1

That's great news!

I have one question: will the original, unfinished ROM be made public eventually?

Would love to archive it in the Atarimania database it for VCS video game history sake.

He said he might release the original prototype ROM and that it would be after he's finished his new reworking of "Keystone Kapers 2" if he does.

Just want to say I love your channel. Fantastic quality videos and love the longplays to really see the game play and your opinions as you play them

Thank you so much for watching the show AtariLeaf, it's been a fun six months so far! It's a blast doing the livestreams and showcasing all the amazing programming talent out there for the VCS! Every new game blows me away at the continuing innovation that is still available from a 40+ year old console!

The question is, does this count as homebrew or is it an official release? icon_razz.gif

That's actually a good question. If he was continuing to finish off the code he was working on back in the day it might be a bit of both since it was both before and after the discontinuation of the system? Since he's programming the new version of the game from scratch I think it definitely counts as homebrew in this case. :-)

Any chance this game will be finished for the PRGE this year?

He's stated that he intends to publish it through AtariAge and they have a booth at PRGE so I would at least think there would be a demo of it ready to show off. The most he's revealed for a release date is 'later this year' so it's a possibility but since we're only about 6-7 weeks away from PRGE I don't think there will be a boxed copy on cart with manual in that short of time. You never know! I'll definitely keep people up to date. :-)

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 5

• 4 months later...

Looking forward to this game. I can imagine, how "Keystone Cannonball" with this wagon-train could work to some extent.

Two ranks, on the wagons roof and down, besides the wagons and the jumping from wagon to wagon and over some objects which comes flying (maybe train-powerlines on the roof, birds and so on). The ladders have the functions of the escalators in "Keystone Kapers" and you also hunt a thief. I only ask myself, which thing in the new game, could have a similar function to the escalator in the first game? A machine or something to change the rank, but not always when the user wants it, rather when the machine is on the right rank and the user can get on to change rank?

Edited by AW127

Nice! I haven't seen this before. Don't remember seeing it at the booth at PRGE this year, but I may have missed it. Keystone Kapers is a great game, would love to play a sequel.

On a side note, I've played on the 2600 that is shown in the video from the National Videogame Museum. =) It's used as a demo machine with the game Adventure to show people how to get to the Warren Robinett Easter egg.