IGNORED

AtariAge at the 2018 Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

It's time to start talking about this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo! AtariAge will be back this year with a large booth and a bunch of new games for the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 and Jaguar! We should have over 20 game systems setup in the booth with demos of new games, as well as demos of games currently in development but not quite ready for release.

The Portland Retro Gaming Expo is probably the largest retro gaming event in the country! So much to do in three days, you'll never be bored! Tons of vendors with a large variety of classic games, consoles and other merchandise, many great talks and roundtables, tournaments, cosplay, trading, museum, huge freeplay arcade, video game auction, and more!

Hope to see many members from AtariAge at the show! Please stop by the booth and say hello if you're at the show! We're going to make AtariAge badges this year as well

We'll post details about new games and demos as we get closer to the show.

If you plan on attending the show, please post up! :D

..Al

• Like 8

Looking forward to seeing you again this year Al. We have a big Intellivision booth and there will be many Inty nerds eating Voodoo donuts there for the three days I suspect.

Great, look forward to seeing you and the big Intellivision booth!! Mmmmm we have a Voodoo donuts here as well. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It'll be my first time going to PRGE and my first time to the NorthWest in general. Will only be there Saturday, but looking forward to visiting the AtariAge booth!

I'm sure you'll have a blast! Portland is a great city, and the Portland Retro Gaming Expo can't really be beat in terms of a classic gaming event. So much to do, so many great speakers, the huge arcade, enormous vendor hall, and more. :D

..Al

• Like 1

Thanks Al. Any suggestions on things to do in Portland before the Expo? I've been looking and the only things I'm sure I want to see/visit are Powell's Books, Ground Kontrol arcade, and Voodoo Donuts. Any favorite restaurants or shops? Anything that's not on all those tripadvisor lists and stuff? lol

We'll need a Portland local to suggest some places to visit. I've been to Powell's, Ground Kontrol and Voodoo Donuts, lol. Most of my time when I'm in Portland is related to setting up the AtariAge booth over two days, manning the booth Saturday and Sunday, and then heading back home on Monday. :D

..Al

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Al. Any suggestions on things to do in Portland before the Expo? I've been looking and the only things I'm sure I want to see/visit are Powell's Books, Ground Kontrol arcade, and Voodoo Donuts. Any favorite restaurants or shops? Anything that's not on all those tripadvisor lists and stuff? lol

Portland has a great Art Museum, and if you don't mind coming out to Beaverton, there is Retro Game Trader. I'd suggest Saturday Market, but it takes place Saturday and Sunday during the expo! icon_biggrin.gif Really Powell's books is the main thing you don't want to miss.

• Like 1

Supposed to be good weather this weekend (rare for October!) so if you're looking for other things to do, the zoo, International Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden are all good close-in, outdoorsey things to visit. All accessible by light rail or bus. If you're unlike me and like to stay in shape, plenty of good walking trails around town. Back when I worked downtown, I'd do a loop of the waterfront at lunch. (The "Waterfront park" downtown side, cross the Hawthorne Bridge, take "Vera Katz Esplanade" North along/on the water on the East side to the Steel Bridge (the one closest to the Convention Center,) then back.)