IGNORED

N++ is so cool.

Flojomojo

Wow .. I might just get this on steam after checking out the trailer because of your recommendation. It looks awesome ... like Super Mario crossed with '84 Impossible Mission running man animation. The retro themed graphics are great to see with a recent game.

The best part was my 8 year old son asked which emulator N++ uses ... just precious. He was guessing it was the Atari 8-bit emulator because of all the colors.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

It's MeatBoy hard, but that's part of its charm. The original was a web game, let your kid try that out while you decide whether or not to buy the super deluxe version. Links are st the bottom of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N_(video_game)

Yikes. I played the freebee at https://www.kongregate.com/games/MetanetSoftware/n. That was so hard my 10 year old would get frustrated pretty quickly even with the easiest levels. He'll still like the suicide button! Anyway very well done game but needs a few simple young kids levels. I'm too lazy to create levels but the steam version has a constructor so my son would like that.

Thanks for the tips. You always have good recommendations.

Edited by thetick1

This is coming physically for the Switch from SuperRareGames shortly. This is going to be an immediate purchase upon release. Loved N+ on the PSP and am really glad to see it come back on the Switch. Seems that so many games I love are resurfacing on the Switch. Great time to own one that is for sure!

Always was a fan of N, I remember wasting time on the original flash game when I was supposed to be doing work at school and N+ on the DS was another fun challenge.

Never knew they had it for the Switch so I may have to check it out - I currently have it on Steam anyways as it makes a really good use of the Steam Link and controllers for couch co-op.

• Like 1

This is coming physically for the Switch from SuperRareGames shortly. This is going to be an immediate purchase upon release. Loved N+ on the PSP and am really glad to see it come back on the Switch. Seems that so many games I love are resurfacing on the Switch. Great time to own one that is for sure!

And here I am wishing it had come out in digital download form on PSP and 3DS. I hate needing the physical media, and you won't buy the game until you can get it that way. :lol:

And here I am wishing it had come out in digital download form on PSP and 3DS. I hate needing the physical media, and you won't buy the game until you can get it that way. :lol:

That is kind of funny :) But, honestly I would have purchased it digitally if the physical version had not been announced recently. Its like some of those Psikyo shooters on the eShop. I was going to buy some, but then this was announced:

https://www.play-asia.com/psikyo-collection-vol-1-multi-language/13/70c7gd

If I have the choice, I do physical. If I don't, I do digital. But with N++ you win either way because the game is so damn good.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

More about the physical version

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/nplusplus_is_getting_a_physical_release_on_switch_thanks_to_super_rare_games_out_next_week

Looks really good. Even I, lover of the ephemeral, am tempted by this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...