IGNORED

Atari compatible hardware eclaireXL, in mini form.

santosp

Revised enclosures (v1.2) are now available for the circuit boards of the second run, July 2019. The two standoffs below the cartridge port have been moved 1mm in line with the cartridge slot. I added a cutout to the upper standoff adjacent to the SD slot for clearance.

I posted the models as a remix and are subject to change if any additional issues arise.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3779401

The enclosures for the first run boards (v1.12) are still available at the original location.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3562690

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, toddtmw said:

Okay. I am trying to do Print Shop from a real disk to a real printer.

When I get to the Print Shop menu, the arrow keys do not work. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do to fix that? I tried control. No joy.

-Todd

Yep you can use the two keys left from enter to navigate.   << , >>   { , }  [ , ]

7 hours ago, toddtmw said:

So. Hey!  Is it possible to use one of the spare expansion ports to add Ethernet or WiFi?

or maybe make it work with a usb Ethernet or WiFi adapter?

that would be fun!

All possible though it’s kind of a whole project. If you want to try I can help. Actually I have promised already to get the rr-net going on Chameleon...

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

Got mine yesterday -- thanks Mark and Panos!  Is there any type of a "digest" or docs or FAQs about the EclaireXL?  This thread is quite long when looking for information.  Essentially a user's guide.

-Larry

I’ve been poking around http://www.64kib.com/

some of the information there seems dated, however. 

Todd

• Like 1

Just hooked mine up for the first time.  I see several things that I'll need to address:

How is the screen resolution set (default -- out of the box?)  I get something that looks quite wide on my 1080P monitor.

Is the printed case pretty well finalized?

What is the best keyboard to use?  That one above in post 229 looks pretty good.  I can use my Win PC keyboard, but the layout is not too handy.  It is wireless, though, and that's neat.  I like the keyboard layout in #229.  Where did the Atari graphics (stickers?) come from?

I presume that the PBI on the EclaireXL is not powered?  So I'll need to use a power adapter for the IDE+2 (which is hooked up, but not functional on my first test).

Presume that 2.4 amps is plenty for the EcXL? I think I read that 1.5a was OK.

APE is currently a bit unhandy to use -- at least on my monitor, I can't get to the menu screen unless the EcXL is powered off.  Got to work on that -- APE is my goto I/O device in addition to the IDE+2.

The HDMI output looks fantastic, although a bit large and chunky on my 23" monitor. Maybe if I get to 480i, things will look a bit better. Or maybe by going back to S-Video with an adapter.  That would also solve the APE issue.

Edit:  has anyone used this device?  This is from Amazon, but this one seems to be pretty common.

https://smile.amazon.com/LiNKFOR-S-Video-Converter-Composite-Adapter/dp/B07RBXXGMM/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=hdmi+to+S-video+adapter&qid=1564494361&s=gateway&sr=8-20

6 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Looks like you live in Dallas.

If @wt808 doesn’t mind, I’ll print and ship you one for $20. (It takes quite a long time and a lot of support filament for me to print them on my printer. People with a larger bed could probably do it cheaper. )

Todd

thats fine, i really appreciate it! Ill pm you my info

1 hour ago, toddtmw said:

Looks like you live in Dallas.

If @wt808 doesn’t mind, I’ll print and ship you one for $20. (It takes quite a long time and a lot of support filament for me to print them on my printer. People with a larger bed could probably do it cheaper. )

Todd

Don't mind at all. Thank you for helping fellow members and for printing and testing! ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Larry said:

How is the screen resolution set (default -- out of the box?)  I get something that looks quite wide on my 1080P monitor.

Screen resolution for HDMI follow two color standards in this device.

720x576 for PAL, and 720x480 for NTSC.

To remove the wide screen, you must go in your monitor settings and choose 4:3 screen format.

I presume that the PBI on the EclaireXL is not powered?  So I'll need to use a power adapter for the IDE+2 (which is hooked up, but not functional on my first test).

Yes it powered with 5 volt, using a fuse from the main rail.  Unfortunately I haven't this peripheral as to test it. :(

Presume that 2.4 amps is plenty for the EcXL? I think I read that 1.5a was OK.

Yes both will work fine. Even a simple USB at 0.5A would work, without external peripherals to be connected in the main device.

APE is currently a bit unhandy to use -- at least on my monitor, I can't get to the menu screen unless the EcXL is powered off.  Got to work on that -- APE is my goto I/O device in addition to the IDE+2.

I don't understand clearly... You mean that you have connected in the same monitor both the eclaireXL and a PC? If so, I have the same configuration using a Dell monitor, and change from one to the another source using the monitor menu.

I'll work some more on these issues tomorrow, but the IDE+2 definitely won't power up.  I think Nir confirmed that it works on his, but don't think he mentioned how his is powered.  Yes, I have the ecxl and the PC attached to the same monitor, but on mine, the menu won't come up until I turn the ecxl off.  I'm 99% certain I'll go with an HDMI --> S-Video adapter -- that will solve both the APE issue and the screen resolution/width.

21 hours ago, toddtmw said:

I was using the layout in the manual on the 64kib page. I’ll try that tonight 

There is a keyboard option for US keyboards, which is slightly adjusted.  Notably the arrow keys.

Some more info here including the stickers link:

http://www.64kib.com/redmine/projects/eclairexl/wiki/Keyboard_mapping

Edited by foft

12 hours ago, Larry said:

I'll work some more on these issues tomorrow, but the IDE+2 definitely won't power up.  I think Nir confirmed that it works on his, but don't think he mentioned how his is powered.  Yes, I have the ecxl and the PC attached to the same monitor, but on mine, the menu won't come up until I turn the ecxl off.  I'm 99% certain I'll go with an HDMI --> S-Video adapter -- that will solve both the APE issue and the screen resolution/width.

Does it have any leds that show if it has power?

There should be 5V on pin 47 and 48, I just double checked the schematic. Could you check with a multimeter? Is there an ide 2+ schematic around?

If it’s powered but doesn’t work check that the cpu speed is set to 1x, pbi is not enabled in turbo modes at present.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:17 AM, foft said:

The keyboard layout is like this (eu):

keyboard.JPG

Out of curiosity, what is everyone else using for the keyboard? I started looking for a mechanical 78-key USB because I would like to have similar look/feel as Atari (w/no ten key number pad). There are tons of mini USB chicklet style keyboards, but not what I want. Found a few nice looking units, but figured I'd see what everyone is using...

...I also ordered the Atari keyboard stickers from that link.

10 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

Out of curiosity, what is everyone else using for the keyboard? I started looking for a mechanical 78-key USB because I would like to have similar look/feel as Atari (w/no ten key number pad). There are tons of mini USB chicklet style keyboards, but not what I want. Found a few nice looking units, but figured I'd see what everyone is using...

I'm using a Focus 2001 (Model M clone).  It's full size, but I love the feel of that kb.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

USB Wireless Logitech K400r works very well, but does not give that retro feel.  

1429945751_0731191030a2.thumb.jpg.9ad308ae6cd354dd453b472b3f1a93d4.jpg