IGNORED

Atari compatible hardware eclaireXL, in mini form.

santosp

2 hours ago, foft said:

I’m in the USA for a few weeks, does anyone have any pbi devices they could sell me please? I have only a syscheck II and a turbo freezer. It’d be great to have a couple more to test with.

Hi Mark-

After thinking a bit, I have a Rev E IDE+2 that works, but won't retain its menu settings when it is powered off.  To be clear, if you power it from a separate PS, it keeps the settings fine (or if you leave it powered from the Atari, it keeps its settings, also).  I'll give it to you.  Let me know where in the US to send it.  PM me.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Hi Mark-

After thinking a bit, I have a Rev E IDE+2 that works, but won't retain its menu settings when it is powered off.  To be clear, if you power it from a separate PS, it keeps the settings fine (or if you leave it powered from the Atari, it keeps its settings, also).  I'll give it to you.  Let me know where in the US to send it.  PM me.

That would be fantastic Larry, many thanks. Will end you a pm.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:54 PM, santosp said:

Mark will be back for answers and development after 15 August :idea:

Mark has been around in the past week...

Will you be making any more of these this year?

Did you forget that I asked you to let me know of a new run after my EclaireXL Beta bombed???

3 hours ago, AtariGeezer said:

Mark has been around in the past week...

Will you be making any more of these this year?

Did you forget that I asked you to let me know of a new run after my EclaireXL Beta bombed???

Yes in reality I had forget this. :( Just before I checked the old messages from back then on, and just I saw it.

Later this year maybe....

So d@mn excited. Eclaire XL, Velocifire TKL78, ATARI layout keyboard stickers and PartsExpress project box. Not sure if I'll use the box or a 3D printed case yet, but...

...have options, will play. ?

0809191229.thumb.jpg.4b7d20d21e4577298239be58a47baee5.jpg

THANK YOU santosp for this amazing board!

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 6

First successful boot via DVI input. Had to boot via HDMI to my basement tv first, because I couldn't get DVI output, then set the video to DVI in menu and saved settings.  I could then use my DVI monitor with built in speakers.0809192004.thumb.jpg.0bd69f9f47cb73dc2610b4eb61faaf3d.jpg?

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 4

On 8/1/2019 at 10:33 PM, santosp said:

Yes in reality I had forget this. :( Just before I checked the old messages from back then on, and just I saw it.

Later this year maybe....

Thanks guy, write in on your forehead in magic marker please, so you don't forget me when you have a working one available :)

13 hours ago, NISMOPC said:

So d@mn excited. Eclaire XL, Velocifire TKL78, ATARI layout keyboard stickers and PartsExpress project box. Not sure if I'll use the box or a 3D printed case yet, but...

...have options, will play. ?

0809191229.thumb.jpg.4b7d20d21e4577298239be58a47baee5.jpg

THANK YOU santosp for this amazing board!

What’s your verdict on that velocifire keyboard? I am tempted to get one of those myself. 

54 minutes ago, KlasO said:

What’s your verdict on that velocifire keyboard? I am tempted to get one of those myself. 

Have you seen them for sale somewhere in the EU? I am tempted as well but the import fees from the US makes it twice as expensive ...

Edited by P1r
Grammar

3 minutes ago, P1r said:

Have you seen them for sale somewhere in the EU? I am tempted as well but the import fees from the US makes it twice as expensive ...

It seems to be available on Amazon DE but not shipping to my our country. Shipping from Amazon international is indeed almost as much as the keyboard costs...

2 minutes ago, KlasO said:

It seems to be available on Amazon DE but not shipping to my our country. Shipping from Amazon international is indeed almost as much as the keyboard costs...

Exactly, I checked Amazon UK as well, same thing. Amazon FR actually didn’t say it wouldn’t deliver to Sweden but they didn’t have it in stock, so I’m guessing it’s the same from them. I’ll keep looking ...

15 hours ago, KlasO said:

I have not added the ATARI key stickers yet, but so far I have been pleased with the performance of this mechanical keyboard, especially for the price and the size. 

• Thanks 1

I found a keyboard that has the large return key, so the Atari arrow keys work where they are supposed to be and it has a pause key so I can use that break. (I know I can use the tilde/grave quote too)

mostly, I wanted the arrow keys to work. I put the stickers on and it is great. 

But the stickers do not appear to have a cold reset, system menu or input menu sticker. So, that’s kind of a bummer.

Ill post pictures tomorrow or later tonight. 

Edit: Here is the keyboard I bought:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0187T1RE8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Edited by toddtmw
Add link

Decided to try using the Parts Express project case. So far it's working out. Need to make holes in the front plate and cartridge slot. Not

going to have a back plate since the board is not as deep as the case.

0810192053.thumb.jpg.c5ec5a87f9f5b4b97371f2c542d8e3aa.jpg

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 2

Re: missing key stickers for ECXL

Brother P-Touch printer to the rescue. 

I printed six six keys on my P-Touch printer:

System Menu

File Menu

Cold Start

Break (there are at least 2 break keys, but only one Break sticker)

Freezer

Paddle Mode (can anyone tell me what this is?)

here is a picture

B6D3E6F3-CBC1-45E6-A4A9-2C460A38CCB0.thumb.jpeg.b194d840508e66db867b4e7ebca7a547.jpeg

This keyboard is pretty perfect for this. 

• Like 1

Paddle mode was for mist when using 2600daptor, since I needed a way to detect a paddle to map things correctly.

On the Eclaire paddles can just be plugged in directly in port 1 or 2. Paddle mode does not exist on the Eclaire.

Edited by foft

If there are more Swedes than me and @KlasO I can recommend the keyboard I bought earlier today: https://www.clasohlson.com/se/Mekaniskt-gaming-tangentbord-Exibel-GKX-C/38-7975#undefined

Now for finding a solution for the keys. I am running the EclaireXL with my original Swedish ROM, so the keys aren't the same as in the US sticker set earlier in the thread. I'll get back with some photos when everything is in place.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:42 AM, wt808 said:

Revised enclosures (v1.2) are now available for the circuit boards of the second run, July 2019. The two standoffs below the cartridge port have been moved 1mm in line with the cartridge slot. I added a cutout to the upper standoff adjacent to the SD slot for clearance.

I posted the models as a remix and are subject to change if any additional issues arise.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3779401

The enclosures for the first run boards (v1.12) are still available at the original location.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3562690

Thank you for the great 3D cases!

Let me join the happy EclaireXL users club :)

eclairexl.thumb.jpg.646c62aa70879cdfd128ac5e991a2a0e.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, TheMontezuma said:

Thank you for the great 3D cases!

Let me join the happy EclaireXL users club :)

eclairexl.thumb.jpg.646c62aa70879cdfd128ac5e991a2a0e.jpg

I really need to get cracking on finding someone close by that can print me one of those. Or start thinking about getting a 3D printer. ?

Great work on the label as well!